What is the easiest way to share files across different platform in the same Wifi?

I recently discovered TheWaWaR/simple-http-server, but it Doesn't work on the macbook or android phone. 

I'm trying to share a folder and any device can access that folder using a link 192.168.x.x to grab the files inside that folder. Please advise.

For example

spacer.png

If you can plug a USB key to your wifi router, IMO that's probably the easiest way to do so. Everyone who has access to that wifi will be able to have access to that usb key, provided you map the network drive on their device (Basically you're telling the device he can now access a folder he previously wasn't aware of). No need to install anything 🙂

(also apologies for my horrible english 👀)

8 hours ago, Tideroo said:

If you can plug a USB key to your wifi router, IMO that's probably the easiest way to do so. Everyone who has access to that wifi will be able to have access to that usb key, provided you map the network drive on their device (Basically you're telling the device he can now access a folder he previously wasn't aware of). No need to install anything 🙂

(also apologies for my horrible english 👀)

This is a very easy way to set up a local shared folder. However, the ftp connection keeps dropping. I just try to delete some files from the USB using File explorer and keep getting this message. Btw, I connect my computer through wifi, not hardwire.

spacer.png 

The transfer speed is ~4MBps. Does the wifi 6 router has faster transfer speed?