AIO configuration suggestions needed?

pcgamr348960956

hey, 

i have a pc that i built about 2 years ago, i currently am running the cpu cooling on an AIO, i configured the AIO to be at the front with 2 exhaust fans on the AIO, and 3 intake fans at the back and on the top because i thought it looked good at the time, and saw build tutorials doing it. i plan to replace the thermal paste tomorrow because its getting old, and it got me thinking if thats really the fan best config for it. 

thanks!

PC PART PICKER LIST: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wvGjh3

PC 2024.jpg

3 minutes ago, pcgamr348960956 said:

hey, 

i have a pc that i built about 2 years ago, i currently am running the cpu cooling on an AIO, i configured the AIO to be at the front with 2 exhaust fans on the AIO, and 3 intake fans at the back and on the top because i thought it looked good at the time, and saw build tutorials doing it. i plan to replace the thermal paste tomorrow because its getting old, and it got me thinking if thats really the fan best config for it. 

thanks!

As long as the temperatures are good I wouldn't change anything.
You should however clean it 😄

On 2/16/2024 at 5:02 PM, Hinjima said:

As long as the temperatures are good I wouldn't change anything.
You should however clean it 😄

it actually does get hot, when just browsing 1 Chrome web page at 5% load it says 60 degrees according to nzxt cam.

27 minutes ago, pcgamr348960956 said:

it actually does get hot, when just browsing 1 Chrome web page at 5% load it says 60 degrees according to nzxt cam.

You can pull air through the radiator and have the top/back fans exhausting, this should help with the CPU temps.

Cleaning the radiator of dust will also help temperatures. Dust insulate and it won't let the air carry the heat away as efficiently.

Increasing pump speed can also help reduce CPU temperatures 🙂

Having a steady pump speed of lets say 70% is less wear on the pump itseld than having it fluctuate constantly from 30-50-25-70% all the time.

On 2/16/2024 at 4:58 PM, pcgamr348960956 said:

hey, 

thanks!

PC 2024.jpg

I don't know where your pump is but assuming it's in the water block, flip the block to orient the tubes at the top, which will prevent air build up in the block and pump. Even if the pump is in the rad,  do that. Also, flip the rad over so that air will get trapped in the other end of the rad instead of going where it can cause damage. 

And don't forget the cleaning that Hinjima suggested. 😉 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂