13th Gen Ram OC Question

3 hours ago, TalonRahl said:

I mean more so because these parts of the ram timings degrade in high heat that I would want to maximize them truly when the heat of the ram itself would allow them to perform at their best and not error. 

You don't really get to the temps where the RAM would end up degrading until around 80C though, so the fan really will just be for better timings and higher voltages. 

And I like gathering friends the same way my wife likes to collect her rocks...  I mean crystals lol. 

NGL I was expecting this to end in the Breaking Bad "They're not rocks, they're minerals Marie" joke. 

I mean.. you have to like.... something? lol 
I definitely understand you werent helping me for something in return. Sometimes though in life youre gonna find people like me that really enjoy paying people back for their kindness. 

I mean, yeah I do have my guilty pleasures and all that, but I don't want to go around asking for something either, especially since I would've done the same thing regardless. 

• 1 month later...

Alright. 
I am back. 
No matter what I did even after all the fixes I somehow ran into the problem again. 
Due to this I said fuck it. I started rebuilding. 
I no have a new motherboard, gpu, cpu, and psu along with that new ram. 

With all that I seem to have removed the initial random issue I was having. 
Though now I am running into another issue. Random frame rate dips. 
I was curious if this could relate to the fact that for some reason the motherboard voltages I set are not the ones reported by the motherboard. 
Is this the case of a bad motherboard or psu issue do you think? Its not like its a cheap one so I am not sure if I should return it for another. 
At this point I am losing my mind. 
Am I just really unlucky? 
New specs 

1000w Platinum be quiet straight power psu
4080super FE gpu
13700k cpu 
ASUS ROG Strix Z790-A Gaming WiFi II (WiFi 7) LGA 1700 mobo
G.SKILL Trident Z Neo Series 32GB CL14 samsung bdie ram
@RONOTHAN##

image_50422273.JPG

Intel I7-13700k (RaptorLake), ASUS TUF GAMING Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 32GB (2x16GB) 4000MHZ CL18, ZOTAC 4070ti Super Trinity OC, WD BLACK SN850X 1TB, BeQuiet Pure Power 12 M 850W, ATX 3.0, 80 PLUS GOLD, Windows 11 Pro 64bit

1 hour ago, TalonRahl said:

I was curious if this could relate to the fact that for some reason the motherboard voltages I set are not the ones reported by the motherboard. 

Unlikely. Voltage readings from the motherboard sensors can either be skewed and therefore reading differently than what is actually reaching the silicon (there are plenty of boards I have that are like this, where the voltage set in the BIOS will not read correctly in software, yet if you take a multimeter and probe the voltage sense lines it will be what you input). For the VRM core voltage, that's probably more down to LLC settings than the motherboard not reading correctly however, and some LLC is useful for getting a system stable with less voltage under load. 

Is this the case of a bad motherboard or psu issue do you think?

Not likely, frame dips could be any number of issues and rarely are they attributable to the motherboard and basically never to the PSU. It could just be loose RAM settings depending on the game, it could be a driver issue, it could be an OS issue, etc. 

No matter what I did even after all the fixes I somehow ran into the problem again. 

Can you refresh my memory on what that was? I would normally look back through the thread, but this one is so long with every post being a mini-essay that I just don't want to go through if I can avoid it. 

My initial issue was stuttering. 
I replaced everything and the stuttering has ceased though now I get randomly timed 20 frame dips. 
I don’t think it’s related to loose timings on the ram considering how have them fairly tight without being overzealous. And while it’s plausible it’s a driver issue I feel like a game like this wouldn’t randomly fluctuate based on that. It’s old. Lemme see if I can revert to the previous one if that resolves it. Though I don’t think it will. Lemme post my ram timings as well and motherboard voltages.

Intel I7-13700k (RaptorLake), ASUS TUF GAMING Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 32GB (2x16GB) 4000MHZ CL18, ZOTAC 4070ti Super Trinity OC, WD BLACK SN850X 1TB, BeQuiet Pure Power 12 M 850W, ATX 3.0, 80 PLUS GOLD, Windows 11 Pro 64bit

Voltages and ram timings. 
Only voltage that I feel is wonky is the cpu L2 voltage which is auto and seems low.

Screenshot 2024-03-29 021601.png

IMG_6638.jpg