Low latency streaming through USB

This topic has come up countless times to me. Is there a method to stream display to another computer through usb? Like how NDI works but using USB instead. There must be some sort of encode and decode protocol that allow you to plug in two devices using a USB cable (presumably USB4 for higher bandwidth) and basically using it as an HDMI cable to stream content from one to the other with similar latency as an HDMI or display port cable.

would be great if this works on Vision Pro so I can lay in bed to play games in 4k rendered on a pc for higher quality (using the developer strap)

4 hours ago, Wisky said:

This topic has come up countless times to me. Is there a method to stream display to another computer through usb? Like how NDI works but using USB instead. There must be some sort of encode and decode protocol that allow you to plug in two devices using a USB cable (presumably USB4 for higher bandwidth) and basically using it as an HDMI cable to stream content from one to the other with similar latency as an HDMI or display port cable.

would be great if this works on Vision Pro so I can lay in bed to play games in 4k rendered on a pc for higher quality (using the developer strap)

Short answer.

No.

Longer answer:

What you are asking for is a capture card.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/ca/products/ultrastudio

https://www.vizrt.com/products/solo/

These are products that are twice to 8 times the price of a PCIe Capture card.

Like that.

You're basically asking "how can I send the video of PC A to PC B without a capture card" which is "You can't". You either need a hardware capture process that adds latency, or you do software NDI which is basically h.264 i-frame-only at a high bitrate over ethernet.

And if you want to play games, sorry to disappoint, but you are going to add 2 frames of latency every time the signal passes through a device. If you want to play games you need the device you are playing on to pass the signal directly to the screen.