Noob vs Pro PC Build Challenge

Building your first computer is hard. Every component, from CPU to GPU, is one wrong move away from being dead. That’s why we make our guides – to help you assemble your new gaming rig painlessly. Whether you’re a total noob or a seasoned pro, you are going to love watching us compete fairly to see who is the best – unless Linus cheats…

Buy an Intel Core i5-13600K CPU: https://lmg.gg/mtONp Canada:  Intel Core i5-13600K Processor | Best Buy Canada

Buy a Crucial P5 Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD: Are you a human?

Buy Trident Z5 RGB 6000MTs CL30 16GBx2 RAM: 

G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series (Intel XMP 3.0) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30-40-40-96 1.35V Desktop Computer Memory UDIMM - Matte Black (F5-6000J3040F16GA2-TZ5RK)

Buy an ASUS ProArt Z790 CREATOR Motherboard: 

LASUS ProArt Z790-Creator WiFi 6E LGA 1700(Intel 14th,13th&12th Gen) ATX Content Creator Motherboard(PCIe 5.0,DDR5,2X Thunderbolt 4,10G&2.5G LAN,4xM.2/NVMe SSD,Front Panel USB 3.2 Gen2x2 Type-C).

Buy a Noctua NH-U14S CPU Cooler: iNoctua NH-U14S, Premium CPU Cooler with NF-A15 140mm Fan (Brown) for Desktop

Buy an ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4080 Graphics Card: Are you a human?

Buy an ASUS ROG STRIX Gaming 1000W 80+ Gold PSU:  Are you a human?

Buy an ASUS TUF Gaming GT502 ATX Mid-Tower Case:  Are you a human?

1 hour ago, David S_rpr1z3 Gauthier said:

Building your first computer is hard. Every component, from CPU to GPU, is one wrong move away from being dead. That’s why we make our guides – to help you assemble your new gaming rig painlessly. Whether you’re a total noob or a seasoned pro, you are going to love watching us compete fairly to see who is the best – unless Linus cheats…

Buy an Intel Core i5-13600K CPU: https://lmg.gg/mtONp Canada:  Intel Core i5-13600K Processor | Best Buy Canada

Buy a Crucial P5 Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD: Are you a human?

Buy Trident Z5 RGB 6000MTs CL30 16GBx2 RAM: 

G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series (Intel XMP 3.0) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30-40-40-96 1.35V Desktop Computer Memory UDIMM - Matte Black (F5-6000J3040F16GA2-TZ5RK)

Buy an ASUS ProArt Z790 CREATOR Motherboard: 

LASUS ProArt Z790-Creator WiFi 6E LGA 1700(Intel 14th,13th&12th Gen) ATX Content Creator Motherboard(PCIe 5.0,DDR5,2X Thunderbolt 4,10G&2.5G LAN,4xM.2/NVMe SSD,Front Panel USB 3.2 Gen2x2 Type-C).

Buy a Noctua NH-U14S CPU Cooler: iNoctua NH-U14S, Premium CPU Cooler with NF-A15 140mm Fan (Brown) for Desktop

Buy an ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4080 Graphics Card: Are you a human?

Buy an ASUS ROG STRIX Gaming 1000W 80+ Gold PSU:  Are you a human?

Buy an ASUS TUF Gaming GT502 ATX Mid-Tower Case:  Are you a human?

so who won

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

The mention of looking at/reading the manual is actually a really good one, while the last guide you'll ever need was helpful if I was trying to do it somewhat quickly I would say that just going through the motherboard and various other parts manuals and skimming them gives you the info you need faster then the last guide you ever need does from the simple fact it is written vs a video you have to jump to the right part for. Though I will say really glad I went all AMD since I got some cuts on my hand from the back of the X670E Asus ProArt Creator and would have not enjoyed putting on cpu mount.

Love that POV build video they used. Really helped me when I was learning to build. Also lol when he installed the GPU and took it back out so they have to install classic. I would do the same. 
On a distracted note anyone catch what phone Linus is using now? Thought it might be a pixel but couldn’t tell. 

On 2/14/2024 at 2:59 AM, Ultraforce said:

The mention of looking at/reading the manual is actually a really good one, while the last guide you'll ever need was helpful if I was trying to do it somewhat quickly I would say that just going through the motherboard and various other parts manuals and skimming them gives you the info you need faster then the last guide you ever need does from the simple fact it is written vs a video you have to jump to the right part for. Though I will say really glad I went all AMD since I got some cuts on my hand from the back of the X670E Asus ProArt Creator and would have not enjoyed putting on cpu mount.

Written is better and faster in almost all aspects when it comes to instructions. 

And in the age of internet the ultimate instruction is written with short video clips (or gifs) for ”tricky” parts. 

The problem is to monetize written instructions. 

If LMG would be more serious about being a serious tech outlet they would have a LTT part in written format for guides and reviews in parallel to the FP/YT channels. 

Don’t get me wrong, I like a lot of LTT videos. But to me it’s mainly entertainment either by the enthusiasm showen in some, Linus dropping expensive stuff in others or the pure jank Alex comes up with (who can forget when the casted their own CPU cooler from aluminium).