Can it fit?

filpo
Go to solution Solved by Agall,
25 minutes ago, filpo said:

As part of moving my system to a smaller form factor I’ve chosen the nr200p case (huge thanks to @Agall) and I’ve just got the case today, planning on buying the new mobo and psu. One thing I was wondering is if a cooler like the thermal right Phantom Spirit 120 SE or thermalright PA120 SE can fit. Pcpp says they can’t as when I try to put in an nr200p with a thermal right PA120 SE or Phantom Spirit it just won’t have it but I was looking over the manual and saw the max cpu cooler height (pic below). It said 155mm and I distinctly remember the PA120 SE and especially the Phantom Spirit fitting in that spec (pa120 se is 155 and phantom spirit is 154), but pcpp wouldn’t accept it. So I was wondering if either of these will actually fit and pcpp’s just being silly or it’s the other way around.

Another idea could be the side panel radiator/fan mount reducing the cpu cooler max height and if anyone knows the answer your comments are appreciated. Thanks!

from the manual: 

IMG_5821.jpeg

IIRC, a major advantage of the NR200P versus the Ncase M1 (as a buyer of both) was the extra thickness that allowed you to use certain 120mm tower coolers like the PA SE versus being stuck with 92mm coolers like the U9S.

image.png.3d8e660e5466d139f23b101ea16e3715.png

I wouldn't use the glass side panel unless you really want to, since the GPU will happily exhaust through the mesh side panel rather than dumping all that heat into the CPU like it would with a TG panel.

I have neither of these parts available on hand to test it for you though, since the PA SE I have is in an actively working machine and the NR200P I have is in a random box in my garage awaiting to be moved to a storage unit for the ~3 weeks I'll be homeless between house closing dates.

As part of moving my system to a smaller form factor I’ve chosen the nr200p case (huge thanks to @Agall) and I’ve just got the case today, planning on buying the new mobo and psu. One thing I was wondering is if a cooler like the thermal right Phantom Spirit 120 SE or thermalright PA120 SE can fit. Pcpp says they can’t as when I try to put in an nr200p with a thermal right PA120 SE or Phantom Spirit it just won’t have it but I was looking over the manual and saw the max cpu cooler height (pic below). It said 155mm and I distinctly remember the PA120 SE and especially the Phantom Spirit fitting in that spec (pa120 se is 155 and phantom spirit is 154), but pcpp wouldn’t accept it. So I was wondering if either of these will actually fit and pcpp’s just being silly or it’s the other way around.

Another idea could be the side panel radiator/fan mount reducing the cpu cooler max height and if anyone knows the answer your comments are appreciated. Thanks!

from the manual: 

IMG_5821.jpeg

Edited by filpo

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

8 minutes ago, filpo said:

from the manual: 

IMG_5821.jpeg

I would trust the manual more then PCPP.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

25 minutes ago, filpo said:

from the manual: 

IMG_5821.jpeg

IIRC, a major advantage of the NR200P versus the Ncase M1 (as a buyer of both) was the extra thickness that allowed you to use certain 120mm tower coolers like the PA SE versus being stuck with 92mm coolers like the U9S.

image.png.3d8e660e5466d139f23b101ea16e3715.png

I wouldn't use the glass side panel unless you really want to, since the GPU will happily exhaust through the mesh side panel rather than dumping all that heat into the CPU like it would with a TG panel.

I have neither of these parts available on hand to test it for you though, since the PA SE I have is in an actively working machine and the NR200P I have is in a random box in my garage awaiting to be moved to a storage unit for the ~3 weeks I'll be homeless between house closing dates.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

7 minutes ago, Agall said:

I was planning to because it would’ve been on my desk but now I’ve changed my mind so I’m going to put it on the floor with the mesh panel. Thanks

8 minutes ago, Agall said:

IIRC, a major advantage of the NR200P versus the Ncase M1 (as a buyer of both) was the extra thickness that allowed you to use certain 120mm tower coolers like the PA SE versus being stuck with 92mm coolers like the U9S

Great to hear. It’s much smaller than my old 4000D 😄

25 minutes ago, Failure 101 said:

I would trust the manual more than PCPP.

Got it 👍

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

76mm (GPU in vertical position), 153mm (tempered glass side panel), 155mm (vented steel side panel)

I'm willing to swim against the current.