PC wont boot after installing HDD *help needed my childhood photos are on the hdd*

Here is my build:
I5 8400F
16GB RAM 2400Mhz
RX 6500XT
ADATA SU750 512GB SATA SSD

+500GB Seagate hard drive

I decided to buy a cheap HDD online because the storage on my pc was running out so i got a 5$ HDD online from a guy who bulks buy then sells( basically strips out old pc and sells the components). He sent a screenshot from Hard Disk Sentinel Pro and the drive is 100%, i installed the drive and there were 0 issues for a week. Then yesterday my pc randomly stopped responding so i restarted it and it got stuck on restarting . Then i force shut it down and after powering it on it got stuck on the pre BIOS loading screen ( it doesn't even got the to time when it asks you the press DEL or F2 to enter BIOS) . After some troubleshooting i found that the problem was caused by the hard drive, so I unplugged it shut it down and powered it on and everything was back to normal. So I know the problem is from the HDD. I tried different ports , different sata cables an updating my windows . The drive worked perfectly prior to this with 0 bad sectors , very quietly almost it was brand new.
I just cannot put away the HDD because I copied my childhood photos onto it before reinstalling Windows 10.There are 0 other problems on the pc

7999ee7691c74ca6995f06c635626035.jpg

6d39bb399df98885a40ce9c1c7bc0f89.jpg

does your computer boot without the extra HDD attached? If so then your easiest solution will be to get an external enclosure or a SATA-to-USB cable and just use as an external drive.

buy one of these and route the sata data cable to it instead of your motherboard, do not plug in the usb until your pc is booted.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KT3F998/
if it loads normally, copy your information off of the disk, then run something like crystal disk info to recheck the health

if the drive loads extremely slowly and slows down the whole OS, stop what you are doing and create a bootable live usb of any version of linux, and buy another 500 or better 1tb drive
unplug your ssd, plug in your live usb, and plug in your hard drive back into the mobo sata, boot to linux, figure out which drive is your dieing one.
then plug in the new disk and use DD to take a image of the old drive, be sure to run it with noerror

13 minutes ago, da na said:

Do you hear any noise at all from the drive?

Unfortunately that's what happens when you buy a $5 HDD and do not back up the data.

man i asked for help not for roasting me , where i live 800 euros is a good monthly salary and i am 17. No strange noise , only normal boot up and spinning noise

Edited by Emperor of france
forgot

Cheaping out on storage that's going to hold important files to you was a crazy choice. A solid hard drive is what? $20? You saved $15 to potentially spend 100s if you want those photos back

Seriously, I wish you all the luck with data recovery for this but this was certainly a mistake. I hope you've learned not to cheap out on storage in the future

AMD 3600x, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, GTX 1080, and Ungodly Amounts of Storage

6 minutes ago, Brando212 said:

does your computer boot without the extra HDD attached? If so then your easiest solution will be to get an external enclosure or a SATA-to-USB cable and just use as an external drive.

yea it boots and has 0 problems

5 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You got backups?

Otherwise this seems like a send it off to data recovery type of situation. Probably gonna be a few hundred bucks or more to get the data though.

yea i think i uploaded it on google drive

Just now, Emperor of france said:

yea i think i uploaded it on google drive

If its on google drive, I'd get a new drive and redownload all your photos then.

Ahh the cloud. 
apple disable my apple ID like a month back, and everything connected to it.

i had that appleID like for 13 years, and it’s disabled now.

CS said they can’t do anything, system just did that, they don't even know why…

I know my Apple ID, I know my password, I have access to my email, I have two factor authentication enabled with my phone number.
I have access to my trusted device, on that ID, I use the same static IPv4 address I had for years. The same location as always, well nothing will help you. It’s disabled, and they won't reactivate it.

but I still get emails with my name, that my cloud storage if full, and to buy some cloud space, ahh the irony. 

do not trust cloud…

fck apple

Spoiler
CPU : Intel 14gen i7-14700K
COOLER :  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 White + thermaltake toughfan 12 white + Thermal Grizzly - CPU Contact Frame Intel 13./14. +  Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra
GPU : MSI RTX 2070 Armor @GPU 2050MHz Mem 8200MHz -> USB C 10Gb/s cable 2m -> Unitek 4x USB HUB 10 Gb/s (Y-HB08003)
MOBO : MSI MEG Z690 UNIFY
RAM :  Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) 6400 MHz CL32 (CMK64GX5M2B6400C32)
SSD : Intel Optane 905P 960GB U.2 (OS) + 2 x WD SN850X 4TB + 2 x PNY CS3140 2TB + ASM2824 PCIe switch -> 4 x Plextor M8PeG 1TB + flexiDOCK MB014SP-B -> Crucial MX500 2TB + GoodRam Iridium PRO 960GB + Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
HDD : WD White 18TB WD180EDFZ + SATA port multiplier adp6st0-j05 (JMB575) ->  WD Gold 8TB WD8002FRYZ + WD Gold 4TB WD4002FYYZ + WD Red PRO 4TB WD4001FFSX + WD Green 2TB WD20EARS
EXTERNAL
HDD/SSD : 
XT-XINTE LM906 (JMS583) -> Plextor M8PeG 1TB + WD My Passport slim 1TB + LaCie Porsche Design Mobile Drive 1TB USB-C + Zalman ZM-VE350 -> Goodram IRDM PRO 240GB
PSU :  Super Flower leadex platinum 750 W biały -> Bitfenix alchemy extensions białe/białe + AsiaHorse 16AWG White 
UPS :  CyberPower CP1500EPFCLCD -> Brennenstuhl primera-line 8 -> Brennenstuhl primera-line 10
LCD :  LG 32UD59-B + LG flatron IPS236 -> Silverstone SST-ARM11BC
CASE :  Fractal R5 Biały + Lian Li BZ-H06A srebrny + 6 x Thermaltake toughfan 14 white + Thermalright TL-B8W
SPEAKERS :  Aune S6 Pro -> Topping PA3-B -> Polk S20e black -> Monoprice stand 16250
HEADPHONES :  TOSLINK 2m -> Aune S6 Pro -> 2 x Monoprice Premier 1.8m 16AWG 3-pin XLR -> Monoprice Monolith THX AAA 887 -> 4-pin XLR na 2 x 3.5mm 16 cores OCC 2m Cable -> HiFiMAN Edition XS -> sheepskin pads + 4-pin XLR na 2 x 2.5mm ABLET silver 2m  Cable -> Monoprice Monolith M1060 + Brainwavz HM100 -> Brainwavz sheepskin oval pads + Wooden double Ɪ Stand + Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7BK -> sheepskin pads + Multibrackets MB1893 + Sennheiser Momentum 3 +  Philips Fidelio X2HR/00 + JBL J88 White
MIC :  Tonor TC30 -> Mozos SB38
KEYBOARD : Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Silent (EU) + Glorious PC Gaming Race Stealth Slim - Full Size Black + PQI MyLockey
MOUSE :  Logitech MX ERGO + 2 x Logitech MX Performance + Logitech G Pro wireless + Logitech G Pro Gaming -> Hotline Games 2.0 Plus + Corsair MM500 3xl + Corsair MM300 Extended + Razer goliathus control
CONTROLLERS :  Microsoft xbox series x controller pc (1VA-00002) -> brainwavz audio Controller Holder UGC2 + Microsoft xbox 360 wireless black + Ravcore Javelin
NET :  Intel x520-DA2 -> 2 x FTLX8571D3BCV-IT + 2 x ASUS ZenWiFi Pro XT12
NAS :  Qnap TS-932X-2G -> Noctua NF-P14s redux 1200 PWM -> Kingston 16GB 2400Mhz CL14 (HX424S14IB/16) -> 9 x Crucial MX500 2TB ->  2 x FTLX8571D3BCV-IT -> 2 x Digitus (DK-HD2533-05/3)

3 hours ago, ItTakes2ToMango said:

Cheaping out on storage that's going to hold important files to you was a crazy choice. A solid hard drive is what? $20? You saved $15 to potentially spend 100s if you want those photos back

Seriously, I wish you all the luck with data recovery for this but this was certainly a mistake. I hope you've learned not to cheap out on storage in the future

3 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

If its on google drive, I'd get a new drive and redownload all your photos then.

2 hours ago, kokosnh said:

Ahh the cloud. 
apple disable my apple ID like a month back, and everything connected to it.

i had that appleID like for 13 years, and it’s disabled now.

CS said they can’t do anything, system just did that, they don't even know why…

I know my Apple ID, I know my password, I have access to my email, I have two factor authentication enabled with my phone number.
I have access to my trusted device, on that ID, I use the same static IPv4 address I had for years. The same location as always, well nothing will help you. It’s disabled, and they won't reactivate it.

but I still get emails with my name, that my cloud storage if full, and to buy some cloud space, ahh the irony. 

do not trust cloud…

fck apple

So i logged into my onedrive and the important files are on it so i am downloading them . I dont like trusting cloud services because one of my important accounts was only logged on my phone which was stolen i got a shitload of things i cannot acces . I myself am physical media guy-have dvds/cds tapes , everything  and just make a library with eveything i need so i wont rely on download it. That is the reason i got che cheap drive

3 minutes ago, Emperor of france said:

So i logged into my onedrive and the important files are on it so i am downloading them . I dont like trusting cloud services because one of my important accounts was only logged on my phone which was stolen i got a shitload of things i cannot acces . I myself am physical media guy-have dvds/cds tapes , everything  and just make a library with eveything i need so i wont rely on download it. That is the reason i got che cheap drive

Uh... I didn't say to rely on cloud storage, I was advising you not to rely on used HDDs for physical storage. A brand new HDD with probably more than quintupple the lifespan of your drive is only like $20

But now, here you are having spent $5 for a drive that doesn't work and putting extra, valuable time into recovering the files. Not only did you basically throw away $5, but you are now losing your personal time as well and potentially your files. Was that worth the $15 you saved by not getting a new HDD?

Seriously, don't buy used HDDs with real money. please

2 minutes ago, ItTakes2ToMango said:

Uh... I didn't say to rely on cloud storage, I was advising you not to rely on used HDDs for physical storage. A brand new HDD with probably more than quintupple the lifespan of your drive is only like $20

But now, here you are having spent $5 for a drive that doesn't work and putting extra, valuable time into recovering the files. Not only did you basically throw away $5, but you are now losing your personal time as well and potentially your files. Was that worth the $15 you saved by not getting a new HDD?

Seriously, don't buy used HDDs with real money. please

the chepeast 500gb here in Bulgaria is around 30USD. Tbh i have no use of HDD for important media except this case and i have already had brand new HDD fail on me so i dont count them on being very realible.  I have yet to receive a respond from this guy and to look if he is going to refund me or has a better quality hard drive

1 hour ago, Emperor of france said:

Tbh i have no use of HDD for important media except this case and i have already had brand new HDD fail on me so i dont count them on being very realible.  

Well, how you feel about them does not mean much considering their reliability is known to a decimal point.

1 hour ago, Emperor of france said:

the chepeast 500gb here in Bulgaria is around 30USD.

30USD and working is a lot better than broken

You know what? If it is cheap, buy TWO, save your data two copies so you can still recover them if one breaks.

And it's still cheaper than a new drive according to you.