Constant Static, increased static and distortion at low volume.

Goosman

I'll try to keep this very short. I have been using Razer kraken TE headset for a while. Wanted to get in ear headphones to try out as my friend loved his. When I plug these into the 3.5 aux port on the front of my computer, the sound is clear and loud. But I wanted to use the Razer USB audio controller for the chat mixer switch. This is what causes high amounts of static, lower audio quality and distortion specifically at lower volumes. Ive changed quality settings of the output in system sounds, tried multiple usb ports. All the research and tries I have attempted are no help and I am at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated :).

most likely a ground loop.. try plugging the usb audio controller into a powered hub... that can sometimes stop the static.

alternately you can try getting some ferrite core RFI blockers and put one on the cable for the razer usb audio controller. 

You can also buy USB noise isolators... such as the Topping HS02 but it is $100~ so yeah.. try the other options first.

You may also experiment with unplugging other devices one at a time and see if you find one that is causing the noise ... and then try to move that device to different port / power outlet and see if that solves the issue.

23 minutes ago, atarione said:

most likely a ground loop.. try plugging the usb audio controller into a powered hub... that can sometimes stop the static.

alternately you can try getting some ferrite core RFI blockers and put one on the cable for the razer usb audio controller. 

You can also buy USB noise isolators... such as the Topping HS02 but it is $100~ so yeah.. try the other options first.

You may also experiment with unplugging other devices one at a time and see if you find one that is causing the noise ... and then try to move that device to different port / power outlet and see if that solves the issue.

What is causing this interference only in the new headset and not my older one? 

11 minutes ago, Goosman said:

What is causing this interference only in the new headset and not my older one? 

Probably the IEMs are  more sensitive and so produces the static sound that the headset wasn't sensitive enough to pass on... that or it is shielded less well?? could be a number of things..  

7 minutes ago, atarione said:

Probably the IEMs are  more sensitive and so produces the static sound that the headset wasn't sensitive enough to pass on... that or it is shielded less well?? could be a number of things..  

Is there anything software side to attempt as far as the sensitivity ?