Ideal Phone

Phone  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with you'r phone?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes
  2. 2. Do you think phone manufactures make phones for real people or just fill it with crap as a selling point?

• Full of useful features
    • Full of Crap
    • Both, useful features but also so much crap!
    • Modern phones suck!

Hi All

Was just using my phone and so many things about it annoy me about it, just had me wonder if anyone is happy with the phone they use.

I have a Samsung something and just find it buggy and the amount of crapware on it annoys me.

Watching recent phone reviews from LTT and others they talk up so much of these new features and just has me wondering, do manufactures make phones for real people?

You see it in so many other areas of tech, software or hardware that just doesn't seem to be made for real people or if they even use the device to make sure it works.

Please leave a comment with what you think your ideal phone is or if it exists at all, i know mine doesn't

Thanks

I've got a 15 Pro Max and the only thing I'm not super thrilled with is the fact that the closest it can focus is still pretty damn far away, but I understand that's just what you're stuck with thanks to the sensor size.

It's still less buggy than my 13PM that, for whatever reason, wasn't able to switch between cameras during video recording even after several factory resets... so that alone makes me happy. Action button is also lowkey pretty dope.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I use an Amazon fire phone, it fits my needs of being a phone that isn’t on 2G networks

-has a somewhat ok camera

-has a calculator 

-can call and text

i need nothing more out of a phone and this does nothing more

IMG_1764.thumb.jpeg.f11980159732ee660dc989984ee3e79b.jpeg

not a big fan of smartphones in general, they’re distractions, why keep something in your pocket that feeds you ads?

Mine is iPhone 12. Very useful but the downside is battery has small capacity.

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

I'm a Pixel 7 user, and I'm fine with it. Granted, I would also be totally fine with a flip phone if it had instant messaging capabilities (Slack, Discord, FB Messenger, etc.), so I don't know how much that really means. 

I got the iPhone XR. Been an excellent device. Ive had it maybe 5 years. It kinda started slowing down on me now and the battery life is a little less. But its still usable. Probably going to get the 16 base or maybe the Plus model, if my phone holds out till then.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

4 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I got the iPhone XR. Been an excellent device. Ive had it maybe 5 years. It kinda started slowing down on me now and the battery life is a little less. But its still usable. Probably going to get the 16 base or maybe the Plus model, if my phone holds out till then.

i think most of electronic give it 5 years or so

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |