Gaming PC 2k, 240Hz. 3080TI already owned.

Budget (including currency): $2000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Heavily Modded Minecraft, Modded Skyrim, Overwatch, New World

Existing Parts: 3080ti

Peripherals: None needed
Upgrading from: i7-9700k, 2070 super
When: Saving currently, hoping to buy in 3-6 months but I want an idea of what to save for now.

Resolution and Refresh Rate: 1440p, 240Hz

A couple of months ago I bought a 3080ti with the assumption that it would be the end all be all to my fps problems. Long story short, it was not. While yes it does outpace my previous GPU by a substantial amount, it left me with the urge to upgrade the rest of my build to fully utilize the 3080ti's capabilities. My current build was one meant to be an SFPC so it has a smaller mobo and no room for additional storage, it's rocking an i7-9700k, 32gbs of ram a TB of storage and of course my 3080ti. I do not care whatsoever about RGB so it's up to you weather to inclue RGB parts as they will not influence my purchase decision. 32 GB of Ram is a must and I would like at least 2TB of storage not including a 500TB boot drive that will only contain windows so I'll need space for at least 2 ssds and the NVME Drive for Windows. I haven't payed much attention to individual components since I built my last rig shortly after the 2000 series cards came out, to be honest the only cpu I know is good right now is the 7800X3D so i was thinking about an amd chip, if theres a better amd cpu for gaming then that would probably be a good fit for me. As far as the case goes I'm probably gonna go with something from NZXT but if you have a cool case then by all means include it. Also to be clear I do not need a new GPU I plan on using the 3080.

Thank you in advance for all of your advice and suggestions!

If you are building in 6 months, start this thread then. New Ryzen CPUS should be announced and we should see some price changes then. Otherwise yes you will be using a 7800x3D or a 14700k depending on which route you want to go, as the ryzen route leaves you with the potential for future upgrades.

28 minutes ago, CozyMiasma said:

Budget (including currency): $2000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Heavily Modded Minecraft, Modded Skyrim, Overwatch, New World

Existing Parts: 3080ti

Peripherals: None needed
Upgrading from: i7-9700k, 2070 super
When: Saving currently, hoping to buy in 3-6 months

Resolution and Refresh Rate: 1440p, 240Hz

A couple of months ago I bought a 3080ti with the assumption that it would be the end all be all to my fps problems. Long story short, it was not. While yes it does outpace my previous GPU by a substantial amount, it left me with the urge to upgrade the rest of my build to fully utilize the 3080ti's capabilities. My current build was one meant to be an SFPC so it has a smaller mobo and no room for additional storage, it's rocking an i7-9700k, 32gbs of ram a TB of storage and of course my 3080ti. I do not care whatsoever about RGB so it's up to you weather to inclue RGB parts as they will not influence my purchase decision. 32 GB of Ram is a must and I would like at least 2TB of storage not including a 500TB boot drive that will only contain windows so I'll need space for at least 2 ssds and the NVME Drive for Windows. I haven't payed much attention to individual components since I built my last rig shortly after the 2000 series cards came out, to be honest the only cpu I know is good right now is the 7800X3D so i was thinking about an amd chip, if theres a better amd cpu for gaming then that would probably be a good fit for me. As far as the case goes I'm probably gonna go with something from NZXT but if you have a cool case then by all means include it.

Thank you in advance for all of your advice and suggestions!

Best to start these threads no earlier than a week before you plan on purchasing due to the constant changes in inventory and new tech releases. With that said if I was building today with your budget I would do something like this down below.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($384.00 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: *Deepcool AG620 67.88 CFM CPU Cooler  ($43.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: *Asus TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($199.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: *Silicon Power Value Gaming 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($94.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: *Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($57.95 @ Amazon) 
Storage: *Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($164.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: *Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB Video Card  ($799.99 @ Best Buy) 
Case: *Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($96.99 @ Adorama) 
Power Supply: *MSI MAG A850GL PCIE5 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($94.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1937.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-02-02 23:43 EST-0500

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-geforce-rtx-4070-ti-super-tuf/

average-fps-2560-1440.png

power-gaming.png