F@H Client Limited to 32 threads on Windows 11?

This past week I finally got enough parts to get my Threadripper 7970X build up and running. Only about 75% of the parts are here, so I cant use it for my work yet but I figured might as well let it fold while waiting. I fired up the F@H client in Windows 11 and it automatically set the thread count for the CPU to 30, and then used 1 thread for each GPU. I thought this was odd since its a 32 core 64 thread processor. I tried to manually set the thread count higher but the absolute most it will allow me to set is 32.

I swapped to Ubuntu and tried installing the client. After lots of odd errors and work arounds, I finally got the client running but it only recognized the CPU, no GPU's, and I wasn't able to get the "control" running. At least in Ubuntu it did utilize all 64 threads.

TL/DR: Is there a core limitation in the Windows client? What is everyone doing these days for a client and control on Linux? Is there a client/control build that is based on python3 instead of python2 that you have found to work well?

6 minutes ago, 907rider said:

What is everyone doing these days for a client and control on Linux?

I use the normal FAHClient and the Web Control interface, since neither FAHControl nor FAHViewer work on any of the distros I've tried, because they depend on obsolete dependencies.

no GPU's,

FAHClient doesn't recognize GPUs when the Nouveau driver is in use, I had to install the proprietary driver to get mine working.

Is there a client/control build that is based on python3 instead of python2 that you have found to work well?

I haven't found any, and when I tried to get the old dependencies back, it corrupted my OS and I had to reinstall it completely.

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I like to edit my posts a lot.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

CPU: Core i7 4790K

RAM: 16 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU 1: RTX 2070 Super

GPU 2: GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Gigabyte P450B EVGA 600BR EVGA 750BR

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

WUs don't scale well to that many cores anyway so when you have many cores you want to make multiple separate cpu slots with fewer cores each, maybe 8/16.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

my main f@h box iss a 48-core 96 thread epyc, and i have it set to 4 24-core CPU slots. I messed around with different configurations but this ended up giving me the best ppd.

with your CPU architecture being a lot newer though your mileage may vary.

as for installing everything on ubuntu @Gorgon makes some awesome guides that could help here, but i just never bother installing things like the viewer. i run my f@h box headless anyway.