Which GPU to get.

sprunk

Hey, I am looking for a new GPU for my system after my RTX 2080 died. I was looking for a mid range card though there does not seem to be any value at the moment. CPU is 136000kf. It will be used mostly for gaming though would like to able to do some basic blender stuff as well. I have heard AMD cards are a nightmare with blender so probably leaning towards a 4060ti or a 4070. Or would it be a better option to try and get a used 3080?

Thoughts. Thanks

Nvidia will be the choice to go for blender. Depends on how much $$$ you want to spend. sounds like your in the 400-550$ range. The supers are releasing at the same price points (for now) and have slightly better performance so see if those are available. If not then yes those would be your two options, Used 3080s are also there but since they dont have warranty, you have to do your homework and study on what cards not to buy and conditions of each. If it looks to good to be true it probably is so dont buy impulsively.

13 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Nvidia will be the choice to go for blender. Depends on how much $$$ you want to spend. sounds like your in the 400-550$ range. The supers are releasing at the same price points (for now) and have slightly better performance so see if those are available. If not then yes those would be your two options, Used 3080s are also there but since they dont have warranty, you have to do your homework and study on what cards not to buy and conditions of each. If it looks to good to be true it probably is so dont buy impulsively.

I'm using blender with my 7900XT , Its got HIP with ray tracing support recently added.

Actually works pretty well with my 7900XT scoring just under 5k in the benchmark , Bit away from its direction rival the 4070TI / TI super at 6.5k and 7.2k but for basic stuff I wouldn't worry much about it.

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset

15 minutes ago, Bagzie said:

I'm using blender with my 7900XT , Its got HIP with ray tracing support recently added.

Actually works pretty well with my 7900XT scoring just under 5k in the benchmark , Bit away from its direction rival the 4070TI / TI super at 6.5k and 7.2k but for basic stuff I wouldn't worry much about it.

Hey. Do you get many crashes or it fairly stable. Thanks

58 minutes ago, sprunk said:

Hey, I am looking for a new GPU for my system after my RTX 2080 died. I was looking for a mid range card though there does not seem to be any value at the moment. CPU is 136000kf. It will be used mostly for gaming though would like to able to do some basic blender stuff as well. I have heard AMD cards are a nightmare with blender so probably leaning towards a 4060ti or a 4070. Or would it be a better option to try and get a used 3080?

Thoughts. Thanks

How basic exactly. Are you planning to do less basic stuff in blender in the future?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

11 minutes ago, Failure 101 said:

How basic exactly. Are you planning to do less basic stuff in blender in the future?

I am still at beginner level, do plan on doing more if I can ever find the time.

51 minutes ago, sprunk said:

Hey. Do you get many crashes or it fairly stable. Thanks

its stable for me but that doesn't mean it's stable for you , If blender is going to be a bigger part of your use case scenario i would push for Nvidia just to be on the safe side.

Nvidia is the vastly dominant GPU vendor with Blender so they tend to get issues fixed immediately where as with AMD you are playing second fiddle.

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset