left speaker keeps cutting out after a few minutes, sometimes seconds

IgniVellex
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
8 hours ago, IgniVellex said:

It is not in warranty. I don't really know how I would fix something like that.

Time to analyze @Heats with Nvidia made one good point.

Another would be to contact clean the plugs (unpower the speaker first please).

If it is clicking yeah a half hour solder job and like 5$ total for the repair. If no solder equipment makr that like 20$ and a good future investment.

Else other things to check is open them gently and check for any damaged wires cracked solder joints (dont poke at capacitors please) any burnt or broken looking components, swollen capacitors,...

Also how long have you had these and were they new when bought? Because if these were like old 2001 models most likely it's a swollen capacitor which is easy enough to replace.

Dont wanna do it yourself? Google a electronics repair store this'll be like a 50$ repair. And believe me these speakers even at 350$ new price are a steal already and worth it

Physically unplugging the wires from the subwoofer fixes it but then it stops again. I have the Klipsch promedia 2.1 thx.

Sounds like a bad contact. If in warranty send it back else well it's audio gear not too hard to repair and diagnose

23 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Sounds like a bad contact. If in warranty send it back else well it's audio gear not too hard to repair and diagnose

The amplifier in the subwoofer for this loudspeaker has a bad contact. Do you hear click from the inside of the woofer one or more seconds after you power it on? If yes, thats a relais and it needs to be replaced.

8 hours ago, IgniVellex said:

If it is clicking yeah a half hour solder job and like 5$ total for the repair. If no solder equipment makr that like 20$ and a good future investment.

Else other things to check is open them gently and check for any damaged wires cracked solder joints (dont poke at capacitors please) any burnt or broken looking components, swollen capacitors,...

Also how long have you had these and were they new when bought? Because if these were like old 2001 models most likely it's a swollen capacitor which is easy enough to replace.

Dont wanna do it yourself? Google a electronics repair store this'll be like a 50$ repair. And believe me these speakers even at 350$ new price are a steal already and worth it

On 1/27/2024 at 11:55 PM, jaslion said:

I got them Christmas of 2021. I have a friend who knows how to solder so I could probably get him to help me.

1 hour ago, IgniVellex said:

I got them Christmas of 2021. I have a friend who knows how to solder so I could probably get him to help me.

Check with klipsch they often will repair them costless if they are this new