Any help would help

I just put together a used PC in a gigabyte B450M motherboard. When I placed my Ryzen 5 5500 in the computer (Which was new in the box) it would not post it just stayed on a black screen, also something to keep in mind the power button would not shut the PC off. I went to a friend's house and picked up his old Ryzen 3 3300 thinking I just needed to update the bios. The computer fired up with the Ryzen 3 in. I was able to put windows 10 on the M.2 drive and updated the bios to the latest date (12-25-2023) Version F65C. I updated windows and installed everything the way I needed. NOW the power button works when holding it down to turn the computer off. I also went into the bios before changing CPU back to Ryzen 5 to make sure it was updated. Same issues and now the power button will not shut off the computer. I have cleared the CMOS and tried booting using the one stick of RAM. Does this MOBO not support Ryzen 5 5500? The friend I got the old CPU from had the exact same board (MSI though) and I upgraded him to the Ryzen 5 5600 so now I am so damn confused. Specs below:

-gigabyte B450M motherboard  (used)

-Ryzen 5 5500 (New)

-DDR4 same 2 8GB sticks (new)

-1650 Super GPU (used)

-500 watt thermasmart power supply (New)

-1 TB Kingspec M.2

4 minutes ago, joshuastamps said:

NOW the power button works when holding it down to turn the computer off.

That is an safety feature of the PSU and will always work, i'd burn down that PSU if holding the pw button doesnt work.

5 minutes ago, joshuastamps said:

When I placed my Ryzen 5 5500 in the computer (Which was new in the box) it would not post it just stayed on a black screen, also something to keep in mind the power button would not shut the PC off. I went to a friend's house and picked up his old Ryzen 3 3300 thinking I just needed to update the bios. The computer fired up with the Ryzen 3 in.

That would mean the CPU is dead, have you tried the (if there) onboard graphics or a different gpu? ask your friend if he has one...

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

Also: Please enable XMP/D.O.H.C before asking why your ram is too slow.

Can the CPU be dead right out of the box brand new?

17 hours ago, joshuastamps said:

Can the CPU be dead right out of the box brand new?

Its rare but it can happen. Anything can be dead on arrival. Since you verified everything else works with the other cpu theres really no other option