GPU not getting recognized

Buddy of mine brought me his computer and told me it wasn't displaying anything when he turned it on. I immediately thought broken gpu, so I put mine (RTX 2060) in his machine and it worked fine. When I put his gpu (RTX 2080ti) in my machine, however, it worked fine and booted and displayed as normal. My next thought was drivers, however upon installing updated drivers via GeForce experience on his machine, but the 2080 continues to not display. I'm at a bit of a loss and would appreciate some guidance on troubleshooting.

The specs of the computer are as listed:

-Cpu is unknown as is the mobo, although the mobo is MSI and supports DDR4 and has buttons to clear cmos and bios on the IO panel at the back of the machine

-The graphics card that ISNT working is a ROG RTX 2080ti

-The graphics card that IS working is a NVGA RTX 2060

I've done the following: reset cmos. Clean reinstall of graphics drivers, tried resetting ram, tried another PCIe slot for the graphics card, even took my PSU and put it into his computer and none of the above solved it. The only part I can gather is the mobo will print out the error code "d6" which looking into it only points to solutions I have already tried, at least to my knowledge. Any help with potential solutions would be greatly appreciated.

did you update the bios on the motherboard