Good $300 Monitor suggestions

Celsius_265
Go to solution Solved by Celsius_265,

Oh ok, thank you

I have a budget of 300$ including taxes and I want a monitor that is 32 inches and somewhat high hz. I have an Xbox series s but looking to get a pc later on. I understand that the Xbox can only output up to 120hz but want a monitor with higher hz for future upgrades (pc). I live in the US.

Is there a reason you are targeting 32 inches, specifically? Also, what resolution are you attempting to play at? A 32" 1080p display isn't advisable and a 4k display with a high refresh rate is going to out of your price range. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

14 minutes ago, Celsius_265 said:

I have a budget of 300$

is this to go with the same system as your other thread is about? If you got a 1440p 144Hz display, you would not exactly have a good pairing with that RX580

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I’d recommend anything along this spec list, 32” 1440p 144hz or higher IPS panels

https://www.amazon.com/Sceptre-2560x1440-DisplayPort-Adjustable-E325B-QPN168/dp/B08VTW474P/

Sub $300 it’s doable to get something like this.

Keep in mind, if you’re planning to go with the RX 580, your list of games that can do 1440p 144hz is mostly esport titles on low settings. AAA games won’t do that.

But then 1080p on a 32” display looks outright terrible.

Avoid VA panels, they look smeary in high contrast scenes. If the listing doesn’t mention the panel type, they’re trying to hide it, it’s probably VA.

@Celsius_265 you've made 2 posts, one covering GPU and one covering monitor,

there's an option called New Builds and Planning, which is exactly what it sounds like, you state your plan, budget, existing parts, etc. and we give you recommendations/advice

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

40 minutes ago, podkall said:

@Celsius_265 you've made 2 posts, one covering GPU and one covering monitor,

there's an option called New Builds and Planning, which is exactly what it sounds like, you state your plan, budget, existing parts, etc. and we give you recommendations/advice

I’ll do that 

56 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

is this to go with the same system as your other thread is about? If you got a 1440p 144Hz display, you would not exactly have a good pairing with that RX580

It’s because I was wondering I I could upgrade my monitor And wanting to build a pc. When I first bought that monitor I bought it cause of the price, because it retails for $350 but I got $100 off (black friday). I wanted to sell it for $300 to a friend so then I could make a better informed decision of what monitor would be best performance for the price. Is that a dumb decision? 

IMG_4242.jpeg

5 hours ago, 8tg said:

I’d recommend anything along this spec list, 32” 1440p 144hz or higher IPS panels

https://www.amazon.com/Sceptre-2560x1440-DisplayPort-Adjustable-E325B-QPN168/dp/B08VTW474P/

Sub $300 it’s doable to get something like this.

Keep in mind, if you’re planning to go with the RX 580, your list of games that can do 1440p 144hz is mostly esport titles on low settings. AAA games won’t do that.

But then 1080p on a 32” display looks outright terrible.

Avoid VA panels, they look smeary in high contrast scenes. If the listing doesn’t mention the panel type, they’re trying to hide it, it’s probably VA.

I got a dellS3222DGM 32" LED Curved monitor and it outputs (1440p and 165hz) which cost me $250 on a black Friday sale. I wanted to sell it for $300 and buy a better monitor. Would you recommend me buying a smaller monitor but better output? Because my thought process was buying a good monitor and eventually build a pc.. ( that’s how I got recommended that gpu) While still playing my Xbox. Would you recommend me doing something else differently? 

5 hours ago, Celsius_265 said:

It’s because I was wondering I I could upgrade my monitor And wanting to build a pc. When I first bought that monitor I bought it cause of the price, because it retails for $350 but I got $100 off (black friday). I wanted to sell it for $300 to a friend so then I could make a better informed decision of what monitor would be best performance for the price. Is that a dumb decision? 

the one you got is not bad for the price to be honest. I am not sure you would get a better one for $300, but on the other hand you could get a nice one for $200 and have $100 more for your PC

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad