Help i'm getting mad, i have a strange "video game" style sound during Windows 10 startup

Surcof
Go to solution Solved by jotadepicas,
On 2/13/2024 at 8:13 PM, user_name said:

Hello, do you have DS4Windows aka DualShock 4 Windows (the program to make PS4 controller plug-and-play on PCs) installed? If yes, that is the sound to let you know that DS4W has woken up and is ready to use. I think you can disable the sound if it's annoying, but I forget which option it is. 

OMG, that was it! Thank you! 😄 For reference, I had a different software for connecting PS3/PS4 joysticks to the PC, SCPToolkit. In my case the sound file is located at C:\Program Files\Nefarius Software Solutions\ScpToolkit\Media\startup.ogg. (which made it more difficult to locate, I was looking for .wav files). Thanks again! Let's hope this works also for @Surcof.

Hello,
I have tried disabling the startup process of almost all my programs, but i can't find the source of THIS stupid sound.
Any advice is welcome

When does this sound play? (Like, when you get to the lockscreen, or on the desktop?)

Edited by Average Nerd

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I like to edit my posts a lot.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

CPU: Core i7 4790K

RAM: 16 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU 1: RTX 2070 Super

GPU 2: GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Gigabyte P450B EVGA 600BR EVGA 750BR

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

it does play even in the lockscreen

Just now, Surcof said:

it does play even in the lockscreen

But only there?

Try going to

Settings -> System -> Sound -> scroll to "related Settings" -> Sound-Systemcontrol -> Sounds

and check if you have the default Windows soundprofile enabled, or a different one.

(General tip: quote people when you respond to them, otherwise they don't get notified of your reply and might not see it)

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

11 minutes ago, Average Nerd said:

But only there?

Try going to

Settings -> System -> Sound -> scroll to "related Settings" -> Sound-Systemcontrol -> Sounds

and check if you have the default Windows soundprofile enabled, or a different one.

(General tip: quote people when you respond to them, otherwise they don't get notified of your reply and might not see it)

nop is not the only one, i have got the startup default windows one
I'm on win 10 and i don't have the "sound" tab in setting, only "audio"

7 minutes ago, Surcof said:

nop is not the only one, i have got the startup default windows one

So you get the default startup sound and the other unknown sound in the lockscreen?

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

8 minutes ago, Average Nerd said:

So you get the default startup sound and the other unknown sound in the lockscreen?

yes

On 1/25/2024 at 7:28 PM, Surcof said:

up

up

The exact same thing is happening to me, same sound, no idea what is triggering it. I tried to look for processes in the task manager but it happens even before I've logged in.

7 hours ago, jotadepicas said:

The exact same thing is happening to me, same sound, no idea what is triggering it. I tried to look for processes in the task manager but it happens even before I've logged in.

i have looked at them at least 3 times, and really nothing cought my eye

On 1/29/2024 at 8:49 PM, da na said:

Search for "System sounds" in the Start menu

image.png.761e318c3c407c020c20753d69010dc8.png

it'll bring this up - perhaps un-select "Play WIndows Startup sound" and look for other unwanted sounds in there as well

nope, is not a windows sound, is something else that is playing a sound, some process that runs on boot.

On 1/30/2024 at 12:49 AM, da na said:

Search for "System sounds" in the Start menu

image.png.761e318c3c407c020c20753d69010dc8.png

it'll bring this up - perhaps un-select "Play WIndows Startup sound" and look for other unwanted sounds in there as well

On 1/31/2024 at 4:34 AM, jotadepicas said:

nope, is not a windows sound, is something else that is playing a sound, some process that runs on boot.

i have spent at least one hour listening to every sound in that menu, didn't find it

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2024 at 2:27 AM, Surcof said:

Hello,
I have tried disabling the startup process of almost all my programs, but i can't find the source of THIS stupid sound.
Any advice is welcome

On 1/29/2024 at 5:31 AM, jotadepicas said:

Hello, do you have DS4Windows aka DualShock 4 Windows (the program to make PS4 controller plug-and-play on PCs) installed? If yes, that is the sound to let you know that DS4W has woken up and is ready to use. I think you can disable the sound if it's annoying, but I forget which option it is. 

On 2/13/2024 at 8:13 PM, user_name said:

OMG, that was it! Thank you! 😄 For reference, I had a different software for connecting PS3/PS4 joysticks to the PC, SCPToolkit. In my case the sound file is located at C:\Program Files\Nefarius Software Solutions\ScpToolkit\Media\startup.ogg. (which made it more difficult to locate, I was looking for .wav files). Thanks again! Let's hope this works also for @Surcof.

On 2/14/2024 at 12:13 AM, user_name said:

3 hours ago, jotadepicas said:

THANK YOU!!!! FINALLY FOUND IT!!!!