PC not booting it just keeps turning on and showing CPU and DRAM light and just keeps bootlooping infinite after 20 seconds.

Hey I just got a new motherboard and cpu and ram and the pc was working the other day but when i tried reinstalling the cpu fan the pc stopped working and now every time i turn it on i get no display but it turns on and then i get a CPU and DRAM light and then the PC reboots and keeps rebooting every 20 seconds making a bootloop. I recently got new parts and put it into my build so I got a new motherboard the b660m pro rs, new cpu the 12600kf, and DDR4 ram 16gb and I can't test if its the ram or cpu because my old rig was pretty bad I had a i7 4770, ddr3 16gb and a good motherboard if it was 2013 lol. its not the power supply i checked it its getting enough power i have a 500 watt psu and my GPU is a 1650 Super which doesn't take up much at all. I've already tried all the basics like reseating cpu, reseating ram, reseating power connectors, and clearing cmos so yeah. What do you guys think? I really hope the motherboard isn't dead or the CPU I don't mind if its the ram tho.

Try disconnecting the psu from mains power. Press the power button on the system for about 30 seconds with the PSU disconnected. Reconnect the PSU and then power up again. If that doesn't work, try with one stick of RAM at a time, in different slots. I would also recommend that you update the BIOS, if you haven't already, to the latest stable version for your board.

1 hour ago, MariaA said:

Try disconnecting the psu from mains power. Press the power button on the system for about 30 seconds with the PSU disconnected. Reconnect the PSU and then power up again. If that doesn't work, try with one stick of RAM at a time, in different slots. I would also recommend that you update the BIOS, if you haven't already, to the latest stable version for your board.

I've already tried doing all of that except updating my board how can I update my board without a display? and even if i had a display which i don't its bootlooping

3 hours ago, Irene69420 said:

I've already tried doing all of that except updating my board how can I update my board without a display? and even if i had a display which i don't its bootlooping

I had a problem similar to this about a year ago. I checked everything in the computer only to no avail. Ended up getting a new mobo and it fixed everything. Not saying it is but its likely that your mobo is defective.

10 hours ago, vvEvelyn said:

I had a problem similar to this about a year ago. I checked everything in the computer only to no avail. Ended up getting a new mobo and it fixed everything. Not saying it is but its likely that your mobo is defective.

well idk it could be anything could cpu, ram, mobo, its not a psu bc im using an old mobo on the same one but yeah most likely mobo ill see if a repair shop company has the same mobo to what i have or anything close to it. also the motherboard rgb light still turns on don't know if thats important.

3 hours ago, Irene69420 said:

well idk it could be anything could cpu, ram, mobo, its not a psu bc im using an old mobo on the same one.

That that PSU works with another motherboard doesn't mean it's necessarily working as it should be with a different one. More recent boards for example tend to have different demands in terms of power and so problems can show up that don't on less demanding, older boards. If you have access to a newer, or higher capacity PSU, try that as well.

2 hours ago, MariaA said:

That that PSU works with another motherboard doesn't mean it's necessarily working as it should be with a different one. More recent boards for example tend to have different demands in terms of power and so problems can show up that don't on less demanding, older boards. If you have access to a newer, or higher capacity PSU, try that as well.

I highley doubt it is but I can't test that since I don't have any other newer board. and also the power supply is a newer psu it has the latest things on a psu like 8pin cpu connector trust me its most definitally not the psu 

On 1/24/2024 at 11:43 AM, Irene69420 said:

I highley doubt it is but I can't test that since I don't have any other newer board. and also the power supply is a newer psu it has the latest things on a psu like 8pin cpu connector trust me its most definitally not the psu 

8 pin power connectors aren't new, let alone 'the latest thing' as you claim They've been around as part of the ATX standard for power supplies since about the mid 2000s. Also, whether a PSU has newer features or not is absolutely no indication that it's good, or properly (and safely) functioning. There are many ATX3 PSU's for example that are not really that good, yet they are all the latest PSU standard. Some PSUs have even blown up recently when tested. So no, you do not know whether it is the PSU or not, and cannot rule that out even if it happens to be a newer device. That's not how it works with PCs (or anything else come to that).

Please educate yourself about this, as this sort of misconception and lack of understanding, especially when it comes to power supplies, can be potentially serious (and dangerous). That your old PSU worked with an older, less demanding board, does not mean that it's fine with the new board. Try with a new, known good PSU model, from a reliable brand if you can, to test with. One that's at least 650 W. Taking chances with an old PSU when there are issues is really not something that should be recommended. At the very least, you can find out if your present PSU is part of the problem or not and rule it out.