Do RCA colorTrak plus has 8k Scan lines?

2 minutes ago, Goodmen9008 said:

Yes or no?

What?

Consumer CRT TVs from the 90s only had to display NTSC resolution, which was 525 horizontal lines of information.

Don't fall for the magical thinking nonsense you read in CRT enthusiast groups. Your average consumer TV was nothing special back in the day.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

i have no idea what you're on about.. but i'll just assume you were misinformed in some way..

CRT's dont have a resolution "as such".

a CRT is basicly a very fast very advanced laser pointer that's flying across the front of the glass tube at a speed faster than the decay time of the phosphors on the front of the unit. (or faster than what our eyes can preceive anyways)

the image is basicly built up from a series of lines that contain analog information, basicly increasing or decreasing brightness as the line goes on. by placing these lines in same length segments below each other on a screen, you get an image.

the spacing of these lines is only dictated by the signal that goes in, a CRT is just a dumb tube with an analog control electron beam, and some phosphors on the front that get lit by said beam.

these line drawings are a fairly good representation of what happens:

---

all of that being true for monochrome CRT's.. there's one detail about colour CRT's.. and i have a shocker for you;

the dots on a colour CRT arent pixels, the CRT doesnt even project for rows of dots. it's just the same analog process, but there happens to be 3 beams, and a grid of coloured phosphors with a perfectly aligned grid so only the right beam hits the right phosphors. most TV's used a grid with holes, some (much less common) TV's used a vertical line grid, which greatly increased the colour resolution and brightness of the CRT, but never the less.. none of this is any K, it's analog.

it's essentially like asking what resolution a film photograph is. there is no answer, because the question itself is flawed.

and as it turns out - there's videos about that too;

My trinitron could theoretically have infinite vertical resolution since phosphors are a continuous line! 😄

image.thumb.jpeg.dcb6aa03beedc61920d4fdaac2a4168e.jpeg

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

To the OP, the colortrack name was used on RCA Tv's from the 1970's until the 1990's.  Without a model number or a rough idea of what TV you are looking for info on nobody can give you a solid answer.