New Keyboard problem with the key "i"

Mysterion04

Hi, I bought a new Keyboard. I think it's my first mechanical one. Tbh didn't know what the other one was. I'm not into keyboards..

I just know that i can swap my keys, i think it's called hot switches. When i get new keyboards i always have to change the key z and y, cause I'm from Switzerland, so we use german keyboard qwertz and not the english one qwerty. And while change it, i saw removable red switches.

I'm really happy with that keyboard, but there is a problem with the letter "i". very often when i press the letter/key i, it presses it likes 2 or 3 times. so for example tiime, or tiiime. It's very annyoing to wriite like it. Cause whenever i write the letter ii i have to look at my screen and watch how many times they keyboard typed me the letter i.

Typiing passwords with the letter i in it, is the pain in the ass...

Long story short, can i fix this by myself?

IIs there a problem with the switch? Could a new one fix iit, or is there more broken under the switch, on the plate or whatever you wanna call it.

Thank you

1 minute ago, Mysterion04 said:

IIs there a problem with the switch?

With relays there's something called "bounce", it's when the contacts slam together and "bounce" apart again, which closes and opens the circuit a few times in a really short time, I think your problem could be something similar.

5 minutes ago, Mysterion04 said:

Could a new one fix iit,

An easy way to test: switch the "i" switch with a random other switch from the keyboard that doesn't have this problem, and see if the issue travels with the switch.

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I like to edit my posts a lot.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

CPU: Core i7 4790K

RAM: 16 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU 1: RTX 2070 Super

GPU 2: GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Gigabyte P450B EVGA 600BR EVGA 750BR

Cooling: 2x Delta GFB1212VHG w. PWM

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

12 minutes ago, Average Nerd said:

An easy way to test: switch the "i" switch with a random other switch from the keyboard that doesn't have this problem, and see if the issue travels with the switch.

Damn you are to smart, sometimes the easiest solutiion is the last thing on your miind.

I will definitely try this. But i will buy some tools first. keys and switch remover or however you wanna call those.

I always did it with a knife before and always was scared to break something. But i wanna get into (customized) keyboards anyways.

Will test it and keep you uptodate here if you want.

Thanks

Hi, it's me again. So i recevied the tools and switched the red switch from "i" with the one from "pgdn"... And my "i" key is working fine now. So yea, there was just a problem with the switch, and I don't care if there is a broken switch now on a key that i have never used once in 30 years. Thank you very much guys.