Crackly and garbled audio suddenly.

icantthinkofaname3645

Hi all. First post here so I really don't know if I'm doing this right.

I've had a pair of Hyperx Cloudx headphones for at least 3 years now, and, for the most part they have been great. The issue is now the audio seems very garbled and there is an audible crack when audio stops. I do have an extension cable that I use so the cable will reach my computer but I have confirmed that it is not the issue, nor is the headphones (tested each on a 3DS and an ipad). The 3.5mm jack on the back of the motherboard (MSI MPG B650 EDGE WIFI) does feel somewhat loose when connecting anything so that may be the problem. Attached is a crude recording of what they sound like (recorded by putting the mic of my iPhone in the headset.

56 minutes ago, icantthinkofaname3645 said:

Hi all. First post here so I really don't know if I'm doing this right.

I've had a pair of Hyperx Cloudx headphones for at least 3 years now, and, for the most part they have been great. The issue is now the audio seems very garbled and there is an audible crack when audio stops. I do have an extension cable that I use so the cable will reach my computer but I have confirmed that it is not the issue, nor is the headphones (tested each on a 3DS and an ipad). The 3.5mm jack on the back of the motherboard (MSI MPG B650 EDGE WIFI) does feel somewhat loose when connecting anything so that may be the problem. Attached is a crude recording of what they sound like (recorded by putting the mic of my iPhone in the headset.

IMG_0166.mov

Check to see if it is a driver issue. Also check the 3.5mm jack sometimes just slightly turning the plug can make it go back to normal. 

49 minutes ago, BillBill said:

Check to see if it is a driver issue. Also check the 3.5mm jack sometimes just slightly turning the plug can make it go back to normal. 

I forgot to mention that I already downloaded and installed the drivers directly from MSI's website. My bad. Rotating doesn't do anything. Thank you for the response!