Ryzen 5 5600g PBO tuning/over clocking

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

At least with the standard PPT/TDC/EDC limits, these sweet spot, so setting them higher doesn't mean better. I'd assume the same thing is the case for the SOC, though just at a lower value due to the SOC not pulling as much power as the cores. I'd start with something like 40A on each and move them up in lock step for short benchmarks, then for longer benchmarks lower the TDC value until the score stops going up (or about 10% lower than EDC as that's usually about where you want it). 

I have a 5600g and I wanted to squeeze a little more power out of it and I have ample cooling and power from my NH-D15 and my old 1200 watt power supply so I was wondering what are safe settings to get some more power out of it like what should I put in for the PBO limits I saw some people doing a little over 100w on ppt limit but no one had anything with numbers for SOC TDC and SOC EDC so I’m a little confused idk if the photo will help but any advice or numbers I can just put in so Ik I won’t damage anything or cause my pc to crash but still get me a bit more performance and power usage would be much appreciated.

I added from what I’ve seen online a picture of what I’m guessing will work but any critique or suggestions would be appreciated.

IMG_3925.jpeg

image.jpg

At least with the standard PPT/TDC/EDC limits, these sweet spot, so setting them higher doesn't mean better. I'd assume the same thing is the case for the SOC, though just at a lower value due to the SOC not pulling as much power as the cores. I'd start with something like 40A on each and move them up in lock step for short benchmarks, then for longer benchmarks lower the TDC value until the score stops going up (or about 10% lower than EDC as that's usually about where you want it).