Free alternative to Adobe Premier Pro?

Leondir

Hi!

I'm looking to start making some YouTube videos, and I'm looking for a free editing software to learn the basics

before moving to a premium software, like Adobe Premier Pro.

Any suggestions?

Windows movie maker is where i learned the basics, now i use Sony Vegas pro 12 or Premiere pro... you could get a free; trial to test them out!

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Try Pinnacle studio, altough it's waaay harder to work with that that with Adobe Premiere Pro, the interface and the settings are different in so many ways, and once you learn a program, you stick to it, so i definately suggest you get Premiere Pro CS6 as a trial and learn that one.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

alright, thanks for the suggestions!