Need help building a workstation for heavy software engineering and ML tasks

When: Within the next 3 months. I have work projects that will require it in roughly 4/5 months time.

Budget (including currency): £3000 (willing to start with 1 GPU if I need to to stay in this budget as I will be able to add the second later)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:

I am a self employed software engineer in need of a powerful new machine.

In my job I do a lot of ML/AI and I am trying to build a PC with that in mind.

I've done some research and it seems that 2 3090s is the best price to performance for the amount of VRAM I need.

A lot of the software I write is heavily multithreaded and much of the ML I do requires significant preprocessing that can only be done on the CPU.

This means I need a CPU with around 12-16 cores to be able to keep up with the GPUs.

The main struggles I am having are working out the correct CPU + motherboard combos that meet these requirements and have enough PCIe lanes to support them (with at least one NVME SSD).

I also have very little idea about appropriate cooling.

I do play some games (DOTA2, Factorio, CIV) but nothing too demanding.

Other details

I currently have 2 monitors, 2560 x 1440 and a 1920 x 180, nothing fancy but it works well for my workflow.

They both suport HDMI and VGA inputs.

The 1440p has inbuilt speakers that I use.

I would also like to have a wifi card as currently I have to use one of my external USB ports for one and it gets in the way.

USB-C ports are also a must.

Ideally it would also look nice if possible, a case with glass would be my preference.

I'm a fan of all white or all black builds, but aesthetics are secondary.

Edited by seftontycho
Added case style preference