Looking to built my first custom cooling for an intel 13700k, is this an okey list of stuff for what i need?

Hi,

Looking to build my first custom water cooling set up, and I am thinking of buying this attached list of stuff. 

And I´m looking for some input.

Am I missing something or do anyone think I should change something? (other than fans I have to many)

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B660-F

Processor: Intel 13700K

Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic EVO

Currently have an AIO Lian Li galahad 360 V2, and I want my custom loop to be better so should this outperform that AIO? 

image.png

4 minutes ago, MaskinenS said:

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B660-F

I don't see a ton of reason to do a custom loop if you have a motherboard that doesn't support overclocking (at least easily, I don't know if the clock gen works on -K parts on that board). Personally I'd just keep your AIO and do a custom loop next system upgrade. 

If you really want to do it now, I'd change a couple parts. First is to just ditch the soft tubing cutter and bridging plug since you already own them (scissors and paperclip respectively). Next, I'd probably replace the tubing with EK's ZMT tubing because it really is nice to work with (it cuts easier, it goes on fittings easier, it doesn't kink as easily from what I can tell, and it just feels better to use) and it's not that much more expensive. Last thing I'd do is go for a different water block (my pick is usually HeatKiller blocks, though there are a lot that work), mostly because I can't stand the Velocity2 mounting system and their price is rather insane for what you get, though this is more personal preference to some degree. I'd also get a drain valve and two spare fittings to help with maintenance (the drain valve isn't necessary, but it saves a lot of time and effort for when you need to drain and refill the loop, and the two spare fittings are useful for draining/filling the loop and are really useful if something develops a leak so you can fix it immediately). 

Anyway, yes the loop should outperform the AIO. 

Okey, thank you! 

This was just the kind of response I was hoping for 🙂

11 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

their price is rather insane for what you get

That is almost everything I have heard about EK lately. I personally have a lot of Alphacool parts and I am very happy with them, I would recommend also looking at their stuff.

Liquid cooling a non-OC-able CPU really is a waste of money though, unless you can abuse the clock gen or you are having overheating issues (which... how? I feel like a new case would be the better choice then)

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

I have never used a "Soft Tube Cutter" for soft tubing. A pair of thick scissors or Hobby scissors are best. It's all i use. Since you will never see the cut (as it's inside the compression fitting) no point in getting the cuts straight (as it can assist ill explain below) & also not needed Unless it's for some 1 that has hand issues or is an older person with arthritis or such then yes. Also it will save you some money. With say after a few cuts you will get it. I have never had to resort in getting an additional box due to this. That's only when i do my yearly clean, so new tubing new color.

It's also great to use scissors as you can intentionally make a cut on an angle to assist in making a straight route more straight. As the tubing comes coiled in it's box. That is a trick i do to get wonderful straights.

This however it harder to achieve the longer you go, tho it is doable of up to 30cm. In my years of using soft tubing. Going any further then 30cm well these routes for me is when the tubing is going into the lower compartment like PSU section of the case. With that said later on you could also ( if needed & want to ) you can get pass thru's they are great.

So hope that helps as well.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w