Notifications not popping up on iPhone Xr

filpo
Go to solution Solved by filpo,
14 minutes ago, ccnow said:

Are you sure you're not in "do not disturb" mode or some other focus mode?

Sorry should've updated, it's fixed now (it fixed itself) but I have no idea how

And no, I wasn't

(Through all of this I've been connected to the Internet)

I've had my Xr for 3 years now (bought refurbished) and I haven't had a problem like this before (but it has been getting slower over the years, but that's expected, it hasn't slowed down too badly anyways) but it started happening about 3 days ago when I would no longer get any notifications on my phone from any apps, then after about a day or two I got a reminder but that's it. And btw I have tried the age old advice of 'turning off and on again' of the notifications, the phone itself and even some apps reinstalling but no luck

I suspect it's something to do with the apps in the background having a problem when connecting to the internet because 1. Reminders did deliver on my 'Workout time' reminder as it doesn't need connection to the internet (but I've been connected to the internet every day this week) and 2. Whenever I open Snapchat I always get a bit of a delay before all my new chats and snaps from people pop up when recently they would be there instantaneously after you opened the app (Snapchat notifies you even when a person is typing so it will always check and give you notifs on or off the app so this waiting when opening the app is quite weird)

Now there's two possible causes to this problem

1.(the more unlikely one) It's possible that my phone has just gotten so old and slow (though I think that's unlikely since Asphalt 9 can still run and while I know that's a more GPU intensive game, it can be CPU intensive at times) that it just can't register the notifications (but, once again, this is quite unlikely)

2.(more likely) It is quite similar to the first but it's that the apps aren't getting refreshed in the background and so it can't deliver any notifications to me because it doesn't receive anything even though I am and have been connected to internet in the lifetime of this problem. I'm quite sure that this is the problem but I don't know what's actually causing this, it could be because it's old and slow. It could be the new OS I updated to (but that was about a month ago during the Christmas Holidays and this started on the 9th of this month)

I hope you guys can help me and thanks!

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

14 minutes ago, ccnow said:

Sorry should've updated, it's fixed now (it fixed itself) but I have no idea how

And no, I wasn't

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)