any atx psu recommendations? (under 70$)

aren332

My evga 600b psu just failed when I stress tested my gpu. I have a 4790k and an rtx 2060 both overclocked not much but not little. Any reliable atx psu recommendations? Preferably modular, or atleast semi modular but if it is less reliable like that than no.

13 minutes ago, aren332 said:

My evga 600b psu just failed when I stress tested my gpu. I have a 4790k and an rtx 2060 both overclocked not much but not little. Any reliable atx psu recommendations? Preferably modular, or atleast semi modular but if it is less reliable like that than no.

I've got a number of last gen Corsair PSU's listed on FB marketplace in my area in that price range or less. Would def recommend looking into that if you are in a western country 

11 minutes ago, aren332 said:

Look for a used psu

Nothing worth buying new due to non existant <10 year warranties and rather low psu wattages, though there is the apevia galaxy 1000w for 80$

40-60$ gets you 750/850w rm(x) or equivalent psus used, cheaper units exist but need to be evaluated so you dont end up buying a dual rail pos or something from 7+ years ago

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Look for a used psu

Nothing worth buying new due to non existant <10 year warranties and rather low psu wattages, though there is the apevia galaxy 1000w for 80$

40-60$ gets you 750/850w rm(x) or equivalent psus used, cheaper units exist but need to be evaluated so you dont end up buying a dual rail pos or something from 7+ years ago

my evga 600b was used, failed in a year, its a bad unit but what if i buy a good used psu that could have possibly been used for a few years which will also fail in a year?

1 minute ago, aren332 said:

my evga 600b was used, failed in a year, its a bad unit but what if i buy a good used psu that could have possibly been used for a few years which will also fail in a year?

Psus last 10-15 years so dont worry about anything thats only 5 years old, though i dont reccomend buying anything over 7 years old

The 600b is like 10 years old so it lived to expected psu lifespan albeit the lower end of it

I have a dazumba 450w that i bought used 3 years ago when i had no clue on used psus, turns out it was already nearing 10 years old when i bought it (somewhere around 2021 iirc) due to being manufactured in 2011, but it still works to this day and is approaching 13 years old now, though ive retired it for a little while due to having a tundra 700w psu and the dazumba cant handle my x58 overclocking shenanigans

5 minutes ago, aren332 said:

Good psus last a long time. I have a few from 2004 which are still doing fine.

just the same more modern high end stuff is still pretty good, they’re kinda like audio hardware, good speakers stay good in the future, good psus stay good in the future

s secondhand gray label corsair rm850x or something is a really good psu, provided it’s been treated well, but it’s not too common to come across truly abused power supplies where the signs aren’t obvious immediately 

someone who bought something like a corsair Hx series in 2012 would not be concerned at all using it today with a current build

11 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Look for a used psu

found these 2 psus, which ones should i get:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255977717256

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087CDR14Z?th=1

how long do you thing the corsair one will last? because my evga 600b also bricked my motherboard and i dont want that to happen.

3 hours ago, aren332 said:

found these 2 psus, which ones should i get:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255977717256

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087CDR14Z?th=1

how long do you thing the corsair one will last? because my evga 600b also bricked my motherboard and i dont want that to happen.

Id get the new thermaltake unit just because its new and it isnt much lower wattage than the rmx

Dont buy this kinda stuff off ebay cause ebay usually doesnt have good pricing, look on local classifieds sites like facebook marketplace, and if you want delivery you could just ask the seller to use ebay or whatever way to send to you