Microsoft Defender Antivirus Failed (Virus won't go away)

I keep getting notifications from Windows security saying there's a threat i click on notification go to "Virus & threat protection" click on threat and then click remove, but nothing happens
then I clicked on "Clean threat" & "Quarantine" but still nothing happened the virus is called "Virus:Win32/Chir.gen!dam", it says the affected item is "F:\9a8be1d39478b8daefe45663fe1b0d66\UIU64a.exe" but i don't have a Local disk: F.

I tried Avast to deal with the virus but when i uninstalled Avast(it slows down your device) it popped up again.

I hope this gets fixed soon before it's too late.

(I have Lenovo laptop-Core i5 7th gen-Windows 10(64bit))

1.PNG

Try use MalwareBytes trial version. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

14 minutes ago, frontscript said:

I keep getting notifications from Windows security saying there's a threat i click on notification go to "Virus & threat protection" click on threat and then click remove, but nothing happens
then I clicked on "Clean threat" & "Quarantine" but still nothing happened the virus is called "Virus:Win32/Chir.gen!dam", it says the affected item is "F:\9a8be1d39478b8daefe45663fe1b0d66\UIU64a.exe" but i don't have a Local disk: F.

I tried Avast to deal with the virus but when i uninstalled Avast(it slows down your device) it popped up again.

I hope this gets fixed soon before it's too late.

(I have Lenovo laptop-Core i5 7th gen-Windows 10(64bit))

1.PNG

Try running Malicious Software Removal Tool 64-bit

15 minutes ago, emosun said:

does it go away if you reinstall windows

i don't wanna reinstall Windows, i have kept it as a last option

21 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

ok

3 minutes ago, frontscript said:

ok

try running rkill before you run malwarebytes (rkill is only like 2MB)

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

(rkill doesn't remove malware it just tries to stop it)

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

PCs I used before:

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

1 hour ago, podkall said:

(rkill doesn't remove malware it just tries to stop it)

I need it gone forever

1 hour ago, BillBill said:

Try running Malicious Software Removal Tool 64-bit

it won't even detect it

3 minutes ago, frontscript said:

I need it gone forever

rkill tries to stop the virus, when the malware isn't running, it can't stop anti-malware programs from erasing/scanning it

PC:

PCs I used before:

2 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

i installed it and everything was good, just as i uninstalled it the virus is back

23 minutes ago, frontscript said:

i installed it and everything was good, just as i uninstalled it the virus is back

It is a file infecting virus. You have to clean everywhere it has infected, including USB sticks and other computers you have.

There appear to be instructions specific to this virus after some googling: https://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/us/threat-encyclopedia/malware/pe_chir.dam

@frontscript

Do you have conexant hd audio software?  If so, this is a false positive.  If not, try malwarebytes file assassin to attempt deletion in the boot process.

: JRE #1914 Siddarth Kara

How bad is e-waste?  Listen to that Joe Rogan episode.

"Now you get what you want, but do you want more?
- Bob Marley, Rastaman Vibration album 1976

Windows 11 will just force business to "recycle" "obscolete" hardware.  Microsoft definitely isn't bothered by this at all, and seems to want hardware produced just a few years ago to be considered obsolete.  They have also not shown any interest nor has any other company in a similar financial position, to help increase tech recycling whatsoever.  Windows 12 might be cloud-based and be a monthly or yearly fee.

Software suggestions

Just get f.lux [Link removed due to forum rules] so your screen isn't bright white at night, a golden orange in place of stark 6500K bluish white.

released in 2008 and still being improved.

Dark Reader addon for webpages.  Pick any color you want for both background and text (background and foreground page elements).  Enable the preview mode on desktop for Firefox and Chrome addon, by clicking the dark reader addon settings, Choose dev tools amd click preview mode.

NoScript or EFF's privacy badger addons can block many scripts and websites that would load and track you, possibly halving page load time!

F-droid is a place to install open-source software for android, Antennapod, RethinkDNS, Fennec which is Firefox with about:config, lots of performance and other changes available, mozilla KB has a huge database of what most of the settings do.  Most software in the repository only requires Android 5 and 6!

I recommend firewall apps (blocks apps) and dns filters (redirect all dns requests on android, to your choice of dns, even if overridden).  RethinkDNS is my pick and I set it to use pi-hole, installed inside Ubuntu/Debian, which is inside Virtualbox, until I go to a website, nothing at all connects to any other server.  I also use NextDNS.io to do the same when away from home wi-fi or even cellular!  I can even tether from cellular to any device sharing via wi-fi, and block anything with dns set to NextDNS, regardless if the device allows changing dns.  This style of network filtration is being overridden by software updates on some devices, forcing a backup dns provuder, such as google dns, when built in dns requests are not connecting.  Without a complete firewall setup, dns redirection itself is no longer always effective.

12 hours ago, E-waste said:

@frontscript

Do you have conexant hd audio software?  If so, this is a false positive.  If not, try malwarebytes file assassin to attempt deletion in the boot process.

is that available in the free version?