RGB Question, AMD Radeon™ RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming 16GB OC + DEEPCOOL ARGB 200 PRO MOTHERBOARD CONTROLLED ADDRESSABLE RGB LED STRIP

BabisZan

Hello guys , i want to be sure of something before i do any action

I think i got it, but just to be sure and not to do any damage to my GPU by mistake im creating this post for confirmation.

I have the AMD Radeon™ RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming 16GB OC which have integrated ARGB LEDs, ("With the integrated ARGB LEDs you can create your own unique colorful light effects which can also be switched on and off. It can also be synchronized with your ASRock motherboards that support Polychrome SYNC." and this message in asrock website),

and i just bought a DEEPCOOL ARGB 200 PRO MOTHERBOARD CONTROLLED ADDRESSABLE RGB LED STRIP

• Μήκος ταινίας LED: 550 mm (2 x καλώδια 100 mm και ταινία LED 350 mm) x 2 τμχ.
  • Μήκος καλωδίου προέκτασης: 400mm.
  • Τύπος LED: Addressable RGB LED.
  • Υποδοχή LED: 3pin (+ 5V-D-G) .
  • Ονομαστική τάση LED: DC 5V.
  • Ονομαστική ισχύς LED: 3W.

From what i understood i can connect the deepcool rgb led strip in the GPU header and control them both with the

Polychrome SYNC software correct?

without the need to connect anything to motherboard and without the need of any specific brand of motherboard correct?

Just the gpu and deepcool led strip with only one software for control the Polychrome SYNC.

ps soon i will have the b550-A rog strix which doesnt have any rgb led integrated (though its have rgb headers so i can connect led strips there but i prefer to control all the rgb with one software and not have one softaware (aura) for the gpu and another ( polychrome sync) for the led strips in the motherboard)

So for the future readers
I did connected the GPU RGB with the Deepcool led strip rgb safely and controled them both with the poly chrome sync.

One note though

For a few hour's i had left the aura software on my pc while the polychrome sync was installed because on my x470 prime pro there is some RGB led integrated And i noticed stuters!

I disabled the motherboard rgb in the bios and i uninstalled the aura software and the problem fixed.

Either way i was doing a test drive because im gona upgrade to the b550-a rog strix and r7 5800x3d in few days .
Which doesnt have rgb(it have headers but im not gonna use them) and i will not using aura and im gonna do a clean system install either way

Moreover im gonna using just the polychrome sync software to control my GPU RGB and the Deepcool RGB led strip together just as i wanted.
Clean and Minimal RGB.

So in summary the combination of RX 6950 XT 16GB PG OC GPU and Deepcool ARGB 200 PRO is ok and the polychrome sync can control both RGB just fine

Just do not combine RGB software.

ps i had read while i was researching that the polychrome sync which someone can find in the site of RX 6950 XT 16GB PG OC is standalone version of the software which is only for the GPU and not to be confused the other polychrome software which is for asrock motherboards.
So probably that is why i can install the polychrome sync without any problems and i can control my GPU and the ARGB header (and the deepcool strip connected to gpu argb header) without any problems while i have an asus motherboard.