Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 2021 only charges through USB C when ON, not in hibernate

Well this is annoying! I got a lovely Zephyrus G14. Because I also use a Macbook I bought a nice powerful UGreen USB charger, 140 watts, so I can charge both laptops from the same charger and not have to have an extra (huge) power brick laying around. 
Now I did find out that my 140 watt charger cannot quiiiiite charge the Zephyrus G14 when playing triple A games. It slowly depletes, but VERY slowly. Not a big issue, as long as I have at least 60% of battery I should be fine for many hours of gaming. The issue is though, that when I end my gaming session and close the lid of my laptop, causing it go into hibernation (not sleep, as that's a major issue on these laptops, they just won't). And as soon as it's in hibernation, it will not charge through USB C. Not even a little bit. So I have to leave my laptop on in order for it to charge, which means I can't store it away.
I sort of half assume this is a Windows modern standby feature being annoying, but maybe it's a bios thing? 
It's really hard to find anything about this, as most people ask the opposite (charging when on) becuase they are using underpowered chargers.
HALP!

I also just found, playing just an hour of pubg, that my battery went from 100 to 15%. That's... perhaps even faster than it does WITHOUT the power supply. What's going on?