Link in email redirects to inbox

dani.petro

I recently received mail from Amazon Warranty department while claiming warranty and they asked me to compress video to under 10Mb and send it via the same mail id. When I clicked on the website link they sent (www dot videosmaller dot com) it opened my own inbox. When I did inspect element/copy link address this showed in the link image.png.9ff2d21c48ecd9a1ebc3c30acba17884.png

Is there any chance of compromise in my mail account. The mail was legit from @ amazon(dot)com

5 hours ago, dani.petro said:

mail was legit from @ amazon(dot)com

(anyone with some skills, can create e-mail with any domain as sender, technologies as DKIM, SP can do some protection for spoofing)

better take "ffmpeg" and resize your video to "under 10Mb" size by yourself and send it by mail to "Amazon Warranty department"

ad infinitum

4 hours ago, duncannah said:

The simple answer is that they've made an error while linking to the website. 

Looks like they were searching for the link from a past email they sent and accidentally sent me the searched terms.

9 hours ago, ieleja said:

(anyone with some skills, can create e-mail with any domain as sender, technologies as DKIM, SP can do some protection for spoofing)

better take "ffmpeg" and resize your video to "under 10Mb" size by yourself and send it by mail to "Amazon Warranty department"

Yes but spoofing on the spot while on call with Amazon executives seems a bit tough. Anyways will keep the ffmpeg in mind.