Trying to login to phpmyadmin. Seems to refresh the page. But doesn't say password is wrong

mkessler9

Ok so I'm trying to get into phpmyadmin. I have php and mysql setup already(this is running on windows server 2008). When I try to login to phpmyadmin and put

username:root

password:(blank)

and then I press "go" it seems to refresh the page but it doesn't say there's an error with the username or password. What could be causing this? And how can I fix this?

Thanks

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

It may be set to not allow logins with no password.

Did you use a package like xampp or install everything separately?

It may be set to not allow logins with no password.

Did you use a package like xampp or install everything separately?

I did everything separately. I'm not completely sure I installed php correctly though 

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

I did everything separately. I'm not completely sure I installed php correctly though 

Find the file phpmyadmin/libraries/config.default.php

in there should be the line

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = false;

change that to true and try again.

Find the file phpmyadmin/libraries/config.default.php

in there should be the line

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = false;

change that to true and try again.

The problem still exists. When I went to that file and found the code there was no "=false;" after allow password. I added it but still doesn't work.

Oh and when I go to the login page the url is "www.SOMETHING.us/phpmyadmin/index.php" (something.us replaces my websites address) And then when I fill out the username and click go it changes to "www.SOMETHING.us/phpmyadmin/index.php?token=a1ca893f98db207feb5552b788a71c82" 

Edited by mkessler9

Are you able to login to mysql from the command line?

Yes.

Ok, try setting a password

mysqladmin -u root password somepassword

where "password" is just the word password, not your actual blank password.