EVGA supernova nex750G cable compatibility? Pinout diagram

PhilBoisvert

This power supply was an outlier in their lineup. EVGA's newer cable set are technically not compatible because of the 24 pins layout. Cablemod can make cable for me but their wait time is very long right now.

I have the pinout diagram of this PSU and EVGA's newer lineup and it seams indentical for the PCIe power cable. 

Would it technically work?

I know, it could blow my GPU and it's really not recommended.

Screenshot_20240105_132910_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240105_133151_Chrome.jpg

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

54 minutes ago, PhilBoisvert said:

it could blow my GPU

th-1685478776.jpg.dd5268dc3e46642509fe0c9a8f0abeda.jpg

54 minutes ago, PhilBoisvert said:

I have the pinout diagram of this PSU and EVGA's newer lineup and it seams indentical for the PCIe power cable.

Its the same just that the diagrams are flipped, you can tell by the latch on the connector (the thing protruding out of the connector)

Still wouldnt risk it without doing some testing first cause you do not want to be feeding 12v to ground

My suggestion would be to get a multimeter, turn the thing on but disconnected from everything, and check the voltages on the gpu cables you are using

th-1483277588.jpg.a4a6c5d5498d4cdc9909d5eebb7c13b2.jpg

Make sure the 12v voltages match this diagram, should be pretty simple with the references you have

those 2 extra ground pins are the detachable part of the 8 pin so if one of those is 12v thats a clear sign that its not compatible

12v reading should also be on the opposite side of the notch, if the pins closest to the notch are reading 12v also a clear sign of incompatibility

As for using the multimeter to read voltages just look for a yt tutorial

To be extra safe use a dummy gpu you dont care about so if that goes kaput no real harm is done

If you are still unsure just dont use it

12 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Its the same just that the diagrams are flipped, you can tell by the latch on the connector (the thing protruding out of the connector)

Still wouldnt risk it without doing some testing first cause you do not want to be feeding 12v to ground

My suggestion would be to get a multimeter, turn the thing on but disconnected from everything, and check the voltages on the gpu cables you are using

Make sure the 12v voltages match this diagram, should be pretty simple with the references you have

those 2 extra ground pins are the detachable part of the 8 pin so if one of those is 12v thats a clear sign that its not compatible

12v reading should also be on the opposite side of the notch, if the pins closest to the notch are reading 12v also a clear sign of incompatibility

To be extra safe use a dummy gpu you dont care about so if that goes kaput no real harm is done

I have a friend's GPU that is dead from a power outage, but when plugged in, the fans tries to turn on every 3-4 seconds. Would this work?

Of course it wouldn't properly work, but I would be able to observe the fans.

The multimeter solution is technically guaranteed to work if am not a complete idiot. Or consult with someone that isn't.

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

7 minutes ago, PhilBoisvert said:

I have a friend's GPU that is dead from a power outage, but when plugged in, the fans tries to turn on every 3-4 seconds. Would this work?

Of course it wouldn't properly work, but I would be able to observe the fans.

I think itd work

7 minutes ago, PhilBoisvert said:

The multimeter solution is technically guaranteed to work if am not a complete idiot. Or consult with someone that isn't.

ill just summon @mariushm

Best you can do is plug the new cables in the psu and then use a multimeter to verify that each pin in the outgoing connector is the right voltage.

On 1/5/2024 at 2:50 PM, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Everythings works out of the box. EVGA says this PSU's cable arent compatible with their newer lineup, but only the 24 pin cable isnt. I tested with the multimeter, plugged the cable in my GPU and everything is alright.

And because EVGA doesnt specify compatibility of individual cables in a bundle, Cablemod also says the PCIe cable isnt compatible. Probably for liability reasons.

34 minutes ago, PhilBoisvert said:

Everythings works out of the box. EVGA says this PSU's cable arent compatible with their newer lineup, but only the 24 pin cable isnt. I tested with the multimeter, plugged the cable in my GPU and everything is alright.

And because EVGA doesnt specify compatibility of individual cables in a bundle, Cablemod also says the PCIe cable isnt compatible. Probably for liability reasons.

Welp atleast it works

Honestly i wonder why modular units dont come with standard cables thatd work across all other modular units