Is my PSU enough

xyved
Go to solution Solved by Wardus,

Through all of those components into PCpartpicker.com and it will let you know the wattage. You can switch out the GPUs to see if they can work. (You usually want 50-100 watts of headroom between what PCpartpicker recommends and what your PSU is rated for)

Hey again! I‘ve looked through a bunch of AMD gpu prices in my country and somehow the 6700xt, 6750xt and the 7700xt ended up on pretty much the same price including discounts. Which of the three named gpus is my current PSU able to handle (550W Gold). I‘m not trying to spend more on a higher PSU in the near future if possible.

Current PC:

5 5600x

GTX 1660

32Gb DDR4-3600

550W Gold

6 minutes ago, xyved said:

Hey again! I‘ve looked through a bunch of AMD gpu prices in my country and somehow the 6700xt, 6750xt and the 7700xt ended up on pretty much the same price including discounts. Which of the three named gpus is my current PSU able to handle (550W Gold). I‘m not trying to spend more on a higher PSU in the near future if possible.

Current PC:

5 5600x

GTX 1660

32Gb DDR4-3600

550W Gold

the 6700xt has a tdp of 230w while the 7700xt's tdp is 245w, if your psu can handle the 6700xt then it can surely handle the 7700xt

Through all of those components into PCpartpicker.com and it will let you know the wattage. You can switch out the GPUs to see if they can work. (You usually want 50-100 watts of headroom between what PCpartpicker recommends and what your PSU is rated for)

I try to be respectful. If I ever come off in a different manner, I probably don't mean to. If I don't help you sorry, if I do, mark my comment as the solution. 

The cpu is not likely to go over 120w so even a used 6800(xt) would also work with abit of undervolting

Id go 7700xt if its the same price new, but if used is an option a 6800xt/6900xt/6950xt

Btw what particular 550w gold? Theres alot of different ones, if you arent sure just send a pic of the psu and its wattage table

53 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

The cpu is not likely to go over 120w so even a used 6800(xt) would also work with abit of undervolting

Id go 7700xt if its the same price new, but if used is an option a 6800xt/6900xt/6950xt

Btw what particular 550w gold? Theres alot of different ones, if you arent sure just send a pic of the psu and its wattage table

pretty sure its the EVGA supernova 550 GA