Having lag spikes with new rx 6600

Zukoyu

I recently purchased a Sapphire RX 6600, and I'm experiencing an issue where my GPU usage fluctuates in games, ranging from 98-99% down to as low as 1%. This results in significant lag spikes. Initially, I suspected it was a temperature problem, so I added four case fans to maintain a constant temperature of 65°C. However, the problem persists. Any suggestions on how to address this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Here are also a few Gameplays Were i experience The Lag

29 minutes ago, Zukoyu said:

I recently purchased a Sapphire RX 6600, and I'm experiencing an issue where my GPU usage fluctuates in games, ranging from 98-99% down to as low as 1%. This results in significant lag spikes. Initially, I suspected it was a temperature problem, so I added four case fans to maintain a constant temperature of 65°C. However, the problem persists. Any suggestions on how to address this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Full system specs please. What GPU did you have before the RX 6600?
Have you tried to use DDU ( Display Driver Uninstaller ) and completely reinstall the graphics drivers?

13 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Full system specs please. What GPU did you have before the RX 6600?
Have you tried to use DDU ( Display Driver Uninstaller ) and completely reinstall the graphics drivers?

GPU: Sapphire RX 6600 8GB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X - 8 Cores, 16 Threads

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M K (Acknowledging it might not have been the best decision)

RAM: 16GB Team Group, 3200MHz

PSU: 700W Sharkoon (Purchased from a friend, full model name unknown)

Case: Aerocool Bolt Mini (Acknowledging it might not have been the best decision)

I did have an 1050 TI, but I Formatted the drive 

2 hours ago, Zukoyu said:

That stuttering is really bad dang.

I had issues with my radeon cards before but never that bad. What ultimately fixed the issues I had though, was SAM.

It magically fixed my stutters and made my freakin day.

I would enable the smart access memory in the bios and see how it behaves. 

Make sure you have all the amd drivers and chipset stuff installed correctly. 

If none of that changes, I feel like it might be a bad GPU.

20 minutes ago, ZROCK said:

That stuttering is really bad dang.

I had issues with my radeon cards before but never that bad. What ultimately fixed the issues I had though, was SAM.

It magically fixed my stutters and made my freakin day.

I would enable the smart access memory in the bios and see how it behaves. 

Make sure you have all the amd drivers and chipset stuff installed correctly. 

If none of that changes, I feel like it might be a bad GPU.

😞 with smart access memory and without smart access memory no diffrence

2 hours ago, Zukoyu said:

😞 with smart access memory and without smart access memory no diffrence

That sucks man. If I had to guess its the card but try a memtest and check out and monitor the clock speeds on the card and CPU while gaming. If the card is clocking up and down it is most likely the card or a card software issue.

7 hours ago, ZROCK said:

That sucks man. If I had to guess its the card but try a memtest and check out and monitor the clock speeds on the card and CPU while gaming. If the card is clocking up and down it is most likely the card or a card software issue.

You can see this in the video, but unfortunately the UI is in German, hope you can still understand it. But yes the usage, so also the clock is jumping up and down

On 1/5/2024 at 5:17 AM, ZROCK said:

So I currently have my old 1050 it (reinstalled driver) and the lags are not even near the old GPU of course I had to lower the graphic settings which did nothing with the old one till the asrock version arrives I think I am completely ok with this GPU

14 hours ago, Zukoyu said:

So I currently have my old 1050 it (reinstalled driver) and the lags are not even near the old GPU of course I had to lower the graphic settings which did nothing with the old one till the asrock version arrives I think I am completely ok with this GPU

Yeah sorry I diddnt notice that in the video. Is the 1050 running a stable clockspeed? Some people were having issues with the 6600 with multiple displays. Were you running more than one display? just curious.