Hi all,

Im building my first setup and having at the moment issues with choosing the right watercooling setup.

I have 2 R 9 290's and they are very loud, i knew before but thaugt no problem because i allways use my headphone.

after a month or 2 my wife started yelling that its to @!@$ loud ... (pc in the living room)

So what kinda setup is right for me (really need the cheapest setup gonna be dad of twins in 1 month so my budget for pc building is a little low...
Im really a noob in watercooling setups so all the feedback is welcome! :rolleyes:

thanks greetings Tom

Current setup

• CPU
    i5 4760k 4.6 Ghz
  • Motherboard
    MSI Z87 - G45 
  • RAM
    Crucial 8 gb 1866Mhz
  • GPU
    R9 290 Crossfire (2x)
  • Case
    Corsair Airbide 540
  • Storage
    Samsung Evo 250 SSD
  • PSU
    1000 watt Novatech Brionze
  • Display(s)
    iiyama 1080p
  • Cooling
    Noctua NH D14
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K95
  • Mouse
    R.A.T 5

2 nzxt kraken g10 and  2 kraken x40 , or 2 corsair h 55

and it's done, presuming that you have place fort he fans in our case, you will spend 60$ in the krakens g10, 140$ in the 2 h55 , if you want the 2 x40 it's 200$ 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181029

http://store.nzxt.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=G10&Submit=Search

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835146027

if you go fror a full custom wc loop 200$ it's just for the gpu blocks+ pump +reservoir+ fitings+ radiators+tubing+ cpu block, it's about 600$ to 800$

if i were you and you are on  the very low budget i would go for the the g10+ h55 combintion  it's just fine to cool the 290x, and your cards performance even in stock configurations will rise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvNoiqVTkxo

Yeah I have to agree with the posts above. Get the NZXT G10 krakens and get the h55 as the 290s and your wife will love you as it will be cooler and also quieter then the turbine engine from those coolers

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

thanks for the fast reply i will get the ntzxt g10 kraken and the h55 i have plenty of room in my corsair airbide 540 so i think thats gonna be fine .

One more question, is it not a problem with the vrms? i dont see direct cooling on this areas and will this fit as a crossfire setup???

Again thx for the reply's ! :D 

@Asesino Tom

also you'll want to know that the VRM of the GPU(s) will need some sort of cooling.

the r9-series is in great need of having this cooled as well. finding the right heat

sinks to fit under the G10 bracket seems to loose a lot of folks. paul from paul's

hardware even commented on using such and trying to locate them for final

analyse of the kit is crucial.

if you don't overclock the cards too much you will be ok, you can still get +100 mhz without burning your vrms , dont go more than that with the g10 there are some aftermarket heatsinks that could  fit there, but lets be real in a sistem with 290 cf unless you are playing in 4K there are no real need for overclock the cards, the same is also true if you got a single 290 and you play at 1080p.

r9 290 wc with a g10 will run at maximum stock clock every time and you can safelly get + 100mhz on the core and near 6000 mhz on memory

thanks for all the information guys! 
Still have the feeling that g10 is a very good solution but is temporaly.. because i really really wanna start with 4k in the future Hope that the prices will drop.. so i think i have to be future proof and have the possibillity of OC.

I saw arctic started 2 new 2014 290 compatible models in air/water

Air: arctic extreme IV  / Water: arctic hybrid II 

water option: (have the feeling that this will keep the vrms safe because there is a plate above the whole card?)

Or the air option would be crazy if 2 of these guys fits in crossfire guess thats impossible ^^ 

( arghhh hate myself that i could'nt wait on the other models of 290 :o)

thanks for all the information guys! 

Still have the feeling that g10 is a very good solution but is temporaly.. because i really really wanna start with 4k in the future Hope that the prices will drop.. so i think i have to be future proof and have the possibillity of OC.

I saw arctic started 2 new 2014 290 compatible models in air/water

Air: arctic extreme IV  / Water: arctic hybrid II 

water option: (have the feeling that this will keep the vrms safe because there is a plate above the whole card?)

Or the air option would be crazy if 2 of these guys fits in crossfire guess thats impossible ^^ 

( arghhh hate myself that i could'nt wait on the other models of 290 :o)

its a good option too, i like but you need a real good air flow on that heatsink