G2, S90C, QN90C or Sony A90J

All the TVs are similarly priced, and I'm unsure which to choose. Software isn't a major concern as l use an Apple TV. I also don't focus much on audio since I have a Sonos sound system, but eArc support is important. My primary use is for watching TV shows and movies, rarely news, and very rarely for gaming. I plan to use a wall mount.

Could you suggest which TV would be best for me? Right now I am in doubt mostly between S90C and G2

There's a thread on reddit warning against buying the QN90C due to the ADS panel type. I've been doing a lot of research on TVs recently for my own shopping purposes, and I've heard nothing but great things about Sony TVs with Bravia XR (apparently they have the best AI upscaling on the market right now), so for my money I'd probably go with the A90J. 

If you were trying to choose between just the S90C and the G2, I would definitely choose the G2 for Dolby Vision support (although I've heard that the S90C has better picture quality, and the G3 might be more comparable. Would still go for LG over Samsung any day).

1 hour ago, BeefSupreme said:

There's a thread on reddit warning against buying the QN90C due to the ADS panel type. I've been doing a lot of research on TVs recently for my own shopping purposes, and I've heard nothing but great things about Sony TVs with Bravia XR (apparently they have the best AI upscaling on the market right now), so for my money I'd probably go with the A90J. 

If you were trying to choose between just the S90C and the G2, I would definitely choose the G2 for Dolby Vision support (although I've heard that the S90C has better picture quality, and the G3 might be more comparable. Would still go for LG over Samsung any day).

Just following up on this to say that this thread was pretty informative and it seems like most people here would choose the S90C, even with its lack of DV

https://old.reddit.com/r/4kTV/comments/18rlb09/whats_truly_the_better_tv_lg_c3_or_the_samsung/

On 1/3/2024 at 2:04 AM, Hossein1448 said:

All the TVs are similarly priced, and I'm unsure which to choose. Software isn't a major concern as l use an Apple TV. I also don't focus much on audio since I have a Sonos sound system, but eArc support is important. My primary use is for watching TV shows and movies, rarely news, and very rarely for gaming. I plan to use a wall mount.

Could you suggest which TV would be best for me? Right now I am in doubt mostly between S90C and G2

No Dolby Vision on the S90C is a huge WTF for me.

The S90C is slightly better image/color quality due to the Quantum Dots... but like you wouldn't know the QD-OLED is better unless it was next to a non-QD OLED, where as OLED is obviously better than a LCD display.

QD-OLED is much new, younger technology (is this new manufacturing technique going to have dramatically shorter lifespan???) whereas the G2 is on its second generation of OLED panels.

LG G2 all the wayyy.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |