PLEASE HELP

After installing a new ryzen 7 5800x chip to my Asus ROG Strix B450-f motherboard, all seems to work well until I start booting. Once the PC turns on everything receives power but there is no post and no video output to the monitors, the motherboard lights indicate a DRAM error but there is none that I can find, all RAM used is known to be working and the cpu has no issues at all. how can I fix this?

Try to update the BIOS of your ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Motherboard

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

I have tried to reset them using CMOS to no avail, the computer won't even boot to a point of being able to get into bios either.

If this is a new build you most likely require a bios update in order to run a 5800X

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b450-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_cpu/

see section 3.11 of owners manual....unfortunately this board does not seem t o have a bios flashback feature... so AFAIK you need to get a cpu it does support (ryzen 1000, 2000 with whatever older bios is on it now). Then use the flash utility to update the bios the newest / one with 5800X support.

image.png

The older cpu I took out of it will not allow it to boot at all, when inserted the only thing that receives power is the motherboard, is there a way I can download the drivers to an external USB and force update the drivers without having to reinstall my old chip?

8 minutes ago, Carter32 said:

The older cpu I took out of it will not allow it to boot at all, when inserted the only thing that receives power is the motherboard, is there a way I can download the drivers to an external USB and force update the drivers without having to reinstall my old chip?

No. As someone mentions, your board lacks BIOS flashback. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 minutes ago, Middcore said:

No. As someone mentions, your board lacks BIOS flashback. 

okay ty, reinstalling old chip now.

22 minutes ago, Carter32 said:

okay ty, reinstalling old chip now.

If you can't at least get into the BIOS with the old chip that won't help.

What is the old CPU? Did the computer function normally with it before you tried to put in the 5800X?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

5 minutes ago, Middcore said:

If you can't at least get into the BIOS with the old chip that won't help.

What is the old CPU? Did the computer function normally with it before you tried to put in the 5800X?

I figured out the problem, the old cpu was a ryzen 5 3600, I went to reinstall it and noticed theres some bent/missing pins, computer did function normally until I broke the cpu taking it out lmao.

thank you for your help.

7 minutes ago, Carter32 said:

I figured out the problem, the old cpu was a ryzen 5 3600, I went to reinstall it and noticed theres some bent/missing pins, computer did function normally until I broke the cpu taking it out lmao.

thank you for your help.

Ah, that's unfortunate. It can happen to the best of us, though.

At this point your options would be either to see if a local repair shop can update the BIOS for you for a fee, or hunt the used market for a cheap early-generation AM4 chip to install just long enough to update the BIOS. I have a Ryzen 5 1400 sitting around for such eventualities. 

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

At this point your options would be either to see if a local repair shop can update the BIOS for you for a fee, or hunt the used market for a cheap early-generation AM4 chip to install just long enough to update the BIOS. I have a Ryzen 5 1400 sitting around for such eventualities. 

No repair shops around me, super rural area, going to have a friend let me borrow his old chip long enough to update the bios and drivers on my motherboard.

5 minutes ago, Middcore said:

You could also try to bend the pins back on your old cpu if your up for it, and the pins didn't snap off. https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/How+to+Fix+Bent+CPU+Pins/140367#

Please refresh before you reply because I edit my posts. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not responsible for any damages or losses caused by the content I share.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Just now, HeliusMagnum said:

You could also try to bend the pins back on your old cpu if your up for it, and the pins didn't snap off. https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/How+to+Fix+Bent+CPU+Pins/140367#

Had begun to try that until I noticed that some of the pins had snapped off before I had even started to try and bend them back.

3 minutes ago, Carter32 said:

Had begun to try that until I noticed that some of the pins had snapped off before I had even started to try and bend them back.

Oh ok. some of the pins are not essential so the chip may still work. I attached a link with a list of the am4 pinout in case u want to check. https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/amd/packages/socket_am4

Please refresh before you reply because I edit my posts. 

I'm not responsible for any damages or losses caused by the content I share.

8 minutes ago, HeliusMagnum said:

Oh ok. some of the pins are not essential so the chip may still work. I attached a link with a list of the am4 pinout in case u want to check. https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/amd/packages/socket_am4

oh  ok, I didn't know that. Im working on bending the pins back as we speak, thank you so much.