Rate or Roast The Setup

The following is my current setup for my gaming/work use. The desk is an Ikea MALM which, ngl, one of the best desks I've ever had.

The monitors are mounted via cheap monitor arms I got on Amazon (and yes, made many, many missed attempts before landing them in a spot I liked).

I keep my mic mounted on the wall as well (yes I miss mounted that too). The mic is a HyperX QuadCast S.

The monitors are 2 ASUS ROG PG279Q's (The far left and the far right)

And an Asus VG27AQ1A (Center). Why the mismatch of monitors? Because tbh they're so extremely similar that it doesn't matter, the only difference being the center VG27AQ1A which support HDR, which I only turn on for gaming.

The PC in the SilverStone case is my Debian 12 Home NAS/Media Server. Lovingly referred to as "AlphaCat."

Specs:

• AMD RYZEN 7 5800X
  • Noctua NH-L9a Cooler
  • 32GB Corsair GDDR4 Memory @ 3000mhz
  • ASUS TUF B550-Plus Gaming Wifi II Motherboard
  • Intel ARC A310 GPU (Planning to be replaced, just got it on a steal of a bargain for HDMI video output)
  • 2X 8TB Seagate HDDS running in Raid 1 (The HyperDrive)
  • 4X 2TB Intel SSDs running in RAID 0 (The WarpDrive) running on an Asus Hyper M.2x16 card
  • LG Bluray R/WR WH14NS40
  • 650Watt EVGA (RIP) 80+Bronze power Supply
  • SilverStone CS380B Case (Yes, it has hotswap drive bays behind that door)

Ontop of the Server is a PiKVM and the USP beside that.

Networking, I run off a Refurb Asus AX1100 that has served me very well for the past 3+ years. And a Zyxel 2.5gig switch behind that. The white box is the comcast modem. The brown bag is a crap load of ethernet cabling I use to make ethernet cables and spare HDDs should I ever need them. Tardis lamp for beautiful lighting which does have a smartbulb I can turn off remotely. 

The VR headset is a Vive Pro with wireless adapter, Valve Knuckles (don't remember what the new name is), and FBT kit. Not pictured are the 4 lighthouses that surround the room.

Finally my pride and joy, the SnowCat as I call her. Specs:

• AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
  • Asus PRIME X570-Pro Motherboard
  • 32GB XPG DDR4 @ 3200Mhz
  • Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Cooler
  • Samsung 990 2TB M.2
  • Samsung 980 500Gb m.2
  • 3TB Seagate HDD
  • 6TB Seagate HDD
  • Sapphire Nitro+ AMD RX 6950 XT
  • Corsair 1000Watt 80+Gold Power Supply (Custom white cableing from Cablemod)
  • Corsair 4000D Airflow Case

And lastly, the reason I love this desk. The wires that all get stuffed into the little alcove up top that pose the greatest fire risk to my entire apartment complex.

Feel free to share thoughts or mention other things you want to discuss in the thread. Don't hold back ❤️

20240101_220645.jpg

20240101_222154.jpg

20240101_222206.jpg

20240101_222237.jpg

20240101_222245.jpg

+1 for the SilverStone non-windowed case. Too many cases that are RGB-fied nowadays (no hate to your current setup of course).

it is what it is

Main PC

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX | 32GB 2x16 DDR5-6000MHz | RX 6800 FE | 2x 1TB SSDs | Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021

NAS

Intel Core i3-7100 | ASUS Z270M Prime Plus | 16GB 2x8 DDR4 | 256GB Samsung SSD | 4x2TB WD Blue HDDs | TrueNAS Scale

Windows XP Gaming Rig

Intel Xeon E5-2620 | 32GB 8x4 DDR3-1600MHz | ASUS P9X79 LE | GTX 960 | 500GB HDD | Windows XP Professional

4 minutes ago, aoxomoxoa said:

+1 for the SilverStone non-windowed case. Too many cases that are RGB-fied nowadays (no hate to your current setup of course).

Lol, true. Tbh I hate rainbow vomit. The only reason I RBG is to set my colors to my standard Purply Blue Glow and then never touch it again lol

-10 for cable management 🤷‍♂️ other then that is ok i guess

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

7 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

-10 for cable management 🤷‍♂️ other then that is ok i guess

But the cables are managed.

They're in a rat's nest away from prying eyes 😜

As we all know the only way to truly manage cables is to just stuff em where no one can see em and shut the door.