GTA V Story Mode achieving 50 FPS with RTX 3060

This is a video of the low framerates. The settings are not too bad, and yea idk how this is possible. The GPU and CPU are not even maxed out. Settings are not too bad either, it is 4x MSAA and very high. This is GTA V Story Mode Steam.

You are bottlenecked, my 1080Ti gets higher than that using x8 MSAA, max settings on Linux. The CPU however is not displaying usage correctly. Make sure that you are not using the iGPU or somehow passing through the frames using it.

Increase your Msi Afterburner OSD update rate to 1000ms 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

The average FPS is listed as 120, which means it is definitely getting over 50 fps

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 hours ago, AAVVIronAlex said:

You are bottlenecked, my 1080Ti gets higher than that using x8 MSAA, max settings on Linux. The CPU however is not displaying usage correctly. Make sure that you are not using the iGPU or somehow passing through the frames using it.

So the CPU is the weak component here causing a bottleneck? Well, you are probably right, but I do not know why it is displaying usage incorrectly, I also have some fan speed glitches (0 rpm) and stuff. Anyways, how can I see that I am not using my iGPU? The HDMI cable is connected directly from the monitor to the GPU and it should not use the iGPU, but I don't know. How to check it? I have heard something about seeing it in BIOS. (I am quite a newbie here)

3 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Increase your Msi Afterburner OSD update rate to 1000ms 

Allright, should I make another video?

3 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

The average FPS is listed as 120, which means it is definitely getting over 50 fps

Yes, but it started with very high FPS in some seconds, and so on. I don't know why MSI afterburner is showing that, but while playing, you can see that the FPS drops to 50s at times, which is under the smooth experience limit. 

On 1/1/2024 at 9:57 PM, sakgamerz said:

(I am quite a newbie here)

you should just list *full specs* for starters, as of now everyone is just guessing with a mindset of "it probably works as it should" ...

gta is known to be finicky but that's all i can say for now without knowing the full specifications of the system its running on

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity