Will it bottleneck

LoricaSefu

Hi guys, i have some parts and i want to build a pc, and i need some help to make sure i use the best parts.

I have the follwings

Processors

Amd Phenom X4 9550

Intel Core Duo 2.8GHz

Intel Pentium 4

Ram

4x 1GB CORSAIR RAM

Elixir 512MB 2Rx8 PC2 5300U
4x Hynix 1GB 2Rx8 PC2 5300U
3x AE 1GB 2Rx8 PC2 5300U
5x ELPIDA 2GB PC3 10600U
SK Hynix 4GB 1Rx16 PC4 3200AA
2x Hynix 1GB 2Rx8 PC2 5300S
SAMSUNG 1GB 1Rx8 10600S

Motherboards

Asus P5N-E Sli

ALivenF6G

PSU

XILENCE 750W

Fujitsu 450W

And another 450W one

GPUS

MSI GTX 970 4GB

EVGA GTS 8800

33 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Yes. There is always a bottleneck.  Are you asking what's the best parts of all those? 

yes, i guess, i want to pick the parts that would do best

The sole somewhat useful part in this entire list (assuming "old" in "old nvidia quadro" and "old asus gpu" means "even older than the stuff that actually got specifically labeled") is the GTX 970 and even that is borderline.

Everything else is e-waste. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

15 minutes ago, Middcore said:

The sole somewhat useful part in this entire list (assuming "old" in "old nvidia quadro" and "old asus gpu" means "even older than the stuff that actually got specifically labeled) is the GTX 970 and even that is borderline.

Everything else is e-waste. 

I'm sorry, but that is all i have, i can't afford to buy better parts, and the 970 i got for free from someone that doesnt really knew what that was

Ooof, this is gonna run like dogdoo, but here goes

Core Duo, 4x1GB corsaire, whatever mobo, 750W PSU, 970.
But again, you gotta understand that this is not gonna get decent frames on any game from the last decade. Heck, I'd be surprised to see it do 30FPS on even lightweight esports titles. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

You'd be well served to try stashing 20$ a month and getting some 6th gen i7 tower off ebay in 6 months. Then you can toss the 970 in that and go full office space on this rig

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

7 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Heck, I'd be surprised to see it do 30FPS on even lightweight esports titles. 

c2d is actually going to be slow enough that youtube and facebook wont really be functional as well.

If it's all you've got its all you've got. Have fun and make something 

Amd Phenom X4 9550

4x Hynix 1GB 2Rx8 PC2 5300U
Motherboards-ALivenF6G

PSU-XILENCE 750W

GPU-MSI GTX 970 4GB

Grab a lite weight linux distro, the phenom a more solid choice in that generation, and I believe you could do some mild overclocking on that chipset (it's been a while my memory is a bit hazy of that gen)

Give it a go could be a fun learning experience, an ssd of any kind and 8gb of ram and it'd be a 'useable' system with some older games that'd run pretty well. 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige