Disable "Game Mode" in BIOS?

milesuy
Go to solution Solved by milesuy,

After a few hours I finally found it! It was Windows fault all along聽馃ゲ

image.png.92336f01d0b921dba09192a4d18352a9.png

I have to run to "msconfig" and go to Boot > Advanced Options > Uncheck "Number of processors"

I just installed my Ryzen 9 5950X, and I already enabled DOCP and undervolted the CPU via PBO, but I noticed that it only runs at 8 Core 16 Threads. After some Googling I found out that I have to go to Ryzen Master and set it to "Creator Mode", but I prefer not installing more apps or聽bloatware into my system, so I am now looking into the BIOS settings, but I can't find it. My motherboard is a聽ROG Strix X570-F Gaming.

I have tried disabling SMT, and I can see the 16 Cores, but at only 16 Threads.

How can I disable "Game Mode" in BIOS or what setting should I change to enable 16 Core 32 Threads?

9 minutes ago, milesuy said:

but I noticed that it only runs at 8 Core 16 Threads. After some Googling I found out that I have to go to Ryzen Master and set it to "Creator Mode"

That should not be necessary, pretty sure that was only a thing with early Threadripper.聽

Just do a clear CMOS and start setting everything again. You probably accidentally set something you shouldn't have.聽

10 minutes ago, milesuy said:

I have tried disabling SMT, and I can see the 16 Cores, but at only 16 Threads.

You want to have SMT enabled if you want 32 threads.聽

If you see 16 cores and 16 threads in Windows, just re-enable SMT in the BIOS. That will get you your additional 16 threads.

You can always install Ryzen Master, make the change, then uninstall it. It's not exactly "bloatware" to the extent that Norton and McAfee trials were back in the day.

Clear your CMOS and try again.聽

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

9 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

If you see 16 cores and 16 threads in Windows, just re-enable SMT in the BIOS. That will get you your additional 16 threads.

You can always install Ryzen Master, make the change, then uninstall it. It's not exactly "bloatware" to the extent that Norton and McAfee trials were back in the day.

Clear your CMOS and try again.聽

I have tried to clear the CMOS by bridging the CLRTC jumper (Clear RTC RAM jumper), but I am still at 8 Core 16 Threads.

After a few hours I finally found it! It was Windows fault all along聽馃ゲ

image.png.92336f01d0b921dba09192a4d18352a9.png

I have to run to "msconfig" and go to Boot > Advanced Options > Uncheck "Number of processors"