Deciding what headset to buy

Srijan Verma

I had been using the Logitech GPRO wired headset(the non x but still the newer one) for 2 years, couple of days ago it broke down beyond repair.  After scouring all my local shops are online shops, I am left with the following choices:

1. Logitech g733 ( Overall had good experience with logitech over the year with mice and headphones and ghub has come a long way + wireless (the previous headset broke mainly because wire often got stuck in places and the headset fell down(i know )))
  2. Inzone h7: My experience with sony tws xm4 has been great but never purchased a headset from them  and rtings review says that they have very high latency even with dongle
  3. Beyerdynamic MMX150/100 rtings doesnt have a review on it and the only shop that is selling it was closed today but i plan to visit them tomorrow
  4. Razer BlackShark V2 HyperSpeed Wireless: My experience with razer hasnt been the best in the past with their stuff breaking using really cheap feeling plastic which is why i am on the edge of even considering but i thought might as well put in here considering that it is around the same price range.

I know there are many other non-gaming good headphones DT990 PRO but

1. I wanted something with a Mic because I do travel every now and then and would prefer to not have to carry a extra mic around
  2. Closed back because i live in a very noisy area and open back headphones just wouldn't do it for me.

Please help me decide which one i should go with, I am open to suggestions in the similar price range.

(I know steelseries has some pretty good headsets but they are not sold here)

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

31 minutes ago, Srijan Verma said:

Beyerdynamic MMX150/100 rtings doesnt have a review on it and the only shop that is selling it was closed today but i plan to visit them tomorrow

Get these

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

33 minutes ago, Srijan Verma said:

rtings doesnt have a review

try YouTube: "[name of headphones] review"

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

1 hour ago, Tigerleon said:

Get these

That is what I was thinking as-well but in one of the review videos shared by podkall they might be uncomfortable due to clamp pressure and his(reviewer's) ear touching the inside of the headphone nevertheless I will be trying them tomorrow at the shop.

If they are not comfortable could you give me a second choice?

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

1 hour ago, Srijan Verma said:

That is what I was thinking as-well but in one of the review videos shared by podkall they might be uncomfortable due to clamp pressure and his(reviewer's) ear touching the inside of the headphone nevertheless I will be trying them tomorrow at the shop.

If they are not comfortable could you give me a second choice?

I have the Tygr 300R which are essentially the same chassis but open back and without a mic. The pads are pretty thin but they are still comfortable. Aftermarket pads is recommended but can be quite expensive for example Dekoni pads.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)