How to fix "get an app to open this [insert link name here] link"

Techno Blueberry

This likely affects Windows 10 as well as Windows 11 but the issue goes as described: Your application, example chromium based browser, tries to open a an external application, examples being: roblox, anything in the Android subsystem, minecraft, and any other application links. You get a pop up that says "get an app to open this [an app] link" Even if it's not a store app, which is the biggest problem because that's the only option it gives you.

I recently went through some operation system files corruption which is likely the cause (which all operation files minus some specific applications has been fixed with Windows automated repair commands), but of course what I'm looking for is the fix to the applications. I've tried searching online and well it's all been too specific and I'm hoping that we can describe a solution here for anyone else who has the issue to find a more general fix. I'm looking for something like "registered link management" that I feel like Windows has but I don't remember where it is, I know you can do it inside of the registry but obviously that's a bad idea and would be hard to find every application that has this issue.
One of the known fixes that only works for some applications that are smart enough to self repair during reinstall is: running the installer again on an application. Like roblox will fix the link and you will no longer have problems but stuff like an Android subsystem app, not so much. Oh also if the app is from the windows store you can just go to the apps settings in windows settings and run repair which will get the links working again.

I'm also looking for help in this because I know that I'm going to run into many more application links that don't work, it's just a matter of time. I mean I still have a few that I have no idea how to fix, because well reinstalling the application didn't fix it.
And just to stress this, windows is running fine, there's nothing wrong with my browser, and it affects apps on or off of the Windows store. Thank you for your time, and I hope we can come up with solutions that aren't reinstalling windows. lol

An app.jpg