How should I tell if an ebay pc is real

Wallet_Warrior

I am currently lookiing at a pc on ebay with a 12000F and a 3060 and 16gb of ram for only £650 with a monitor and keyboard. I have been saving for a while and I wanted to know that I am not going to have wasted my time and money on a PC that doesn't exist. My parents have looked at it and say it might be too good to be true. So I just wanted to know if it is a real pc.

2 minutes ago, Wallet_Warrior said:

I am currently lookiing at a pc on ebay with a 12000F and a 3060 and 16gb of ram for only £650 with a monitor and keyboard. I have been saving for a while and I wanted to know that I am not going to have wasted my time and money on a PC that doesn't exist. My parents have looked at it and say it might be too good to be true. So I just wanted to know if it is a real pc.

A link to said PC would help 🙂

Too good to be true? 650GBP is about $800, which feels about right (maybe a little high?) for what you're describing, but I'm not sure what your local prices are.

What's eBay's guarantee policy in the UK? In the States, if you buy something like that and it turns out to be garbage or fake, you can return it to the seller within 30 days of delivery by using "Item Not as Described" and they pay shipping, no matter what the seller's return policy is. eBay is actually the safest used merch marketplace for that very reason.

Unless you're a seller, of course. Then it sucks balls when everyone who buys a $100 motherboard sees it come up for $90 on day 28, and they send it back saying it's defective.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

3 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Too good to be true? 650GBP is about $800, which feels about right (maybe a little high?) for what you're describing, but I'm not sure what your local prices are.

What's eBay's guarantee policy in the UK? In the States, if you buy something like that and it turns out to be garbage or fake, you can return it to the seller within 30 days of delivery by using "Item Not as Described" and they pay shipping, no matter what the seller's return policy is. eBay is actually the safest used merch marketplace for that very reason.

Unless you're a seller, of course. Then it sucks balls when everyone who buys a $100 motherboard sees it come up for $90 on day 28, and they send it back saying it's defective.

image.thumb.png.4920edbb2024830c1a1a226e69d23b66.png

it's not terrible, but it's also not a steal or anything.

Ebay has better buyer guarantees than most other sites, so you're generally safe to buy things there, knowing they'll refund you.

Can deliver and pay outside of ebay

lol this guy is gonna get banned so hard I'll feel it from here.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

Oh look, an Acer Nitro Loser Suckface Edition! 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Just now, Wallet_Warrior said:

?

Dawid Does Tech Stuff on YouTube did several videos on Acer prebuilts like this and it became a recurring joke on his channel.

Might want to go watch to be aware of some of the limitations of systems like these before you buy.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16