Displayport videocard to CRT TV adaption

Yasin40

Hi
Very specific problem here.

TL;DR: will DP to HDMI to composite/RCA work? From PC to CRT tv.
I often play emulators on PC but display them on an old CRT TV.
The TV has the composite red yellow white cables which go to an adapter that adapts the CRT signal to HDMI.
Now I have a different videocard which doesn't have an extra HDMI port so the question is if a passive Displayport to HDMI adapter would work in this case.
Based on my limited knowledge and what is displayed on the product pages this should work, but Im not sure so I ask you guys.
Any help is appreciated.

This is the link to the DP HDMI adapter https://www.bol.com/nl/nl/p/staza-displayport-naar-hdmi-adapter-kabel/9300000086148605/
This is a link to a similar composite to HDMI adapter : https://www.bol.com/nl/nl/p/tulp-naar-hdmi-adapter-av-composiet-rca-to-hdmi-audio-video-kabel-zwart/9200000094776467/?Referrer=ADVNLGOO002013-S--9200000094776467&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiA1MCrBhAoEiwAC2d64WAjFhZbLIY49M1V3AlFyPlEVLMgwiB_VlMGPgpNbX4lwOTUxEIa1xoCx1sQAvD_BwE

It should work, but not with that adapter. That one is for RCA to HDMI and you need it the other way around.

Qoute my reply if you want me to answer back. 

19 minutes ago, Yua said:

It should work, but not with that adapter. That one is for RCA to HDMI and you need it the other way around.

Huh that's odd.
So going from the PC being the source, right now it's HDMI output from videocard to an adapter that turns HDMI to composite which then goes to the CRT.
What I want now is displayport output from the videocard, to an HDMI cable going into the composite adapter and CRT as before.
That should work, right?

Oh, you already own an adapter from HDMI to Composite. Then all you need to get is an adapter from DisplayPort to HDMI.

DisplayPort supports HDMI signals as well, so it can be done with a simple passive adapter.

Qoute my reply if you want me to answer back.