PC operates slowly only on some boots

Hello,

I have a problem where software and games load slowly, but that happens only sometimes and the problem will last until PC is rebooted.

The behavior is similar to having a really bad and slow hard drive. However it doesn't seem to be fully related on to how "heavy" the game or software is.
Opening something extremely simple such as a calculator or text editor may take 10 seconds to open, but opening a game can also take as much time.

I would say the problem occurs every 5-10 time the computer is started, and like I said when I reboot the problem will go away.

When the problem is in effect watching htop doesn't show anything weird. CPU, RAM, etc show usage as expected.

I've updated BIOS to the latest and it had no effect.

Switched off all tree hugging options from BIOS I could find, tried different XMP options, tried to default BIOS settings.
If you have some exact option in BIOS in mind that could result to this kind if behavior please tell.

I've benchmarked the disks and checked SMART, all seem ok, results here:

Main disk, NVMe SSDSecondary disk, HDD

SMART results:

nvmesmart.png.ec4a2035f2c8f423f2d7ec8513410c6b.pngtoshibasmart.png.7ddc1afcfa36a16dd82d313c219ebe3f.png

I am not a hard drive expert but I assume according to results above the disks should are fine?

From where should I continue troubleshooting?

Asus Radeon RX 6600 XT Dual
Intel I7 11700K
Asus Z590-A Prime
Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz
Corsair RM850x
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Kernel 6.2.2-060202-generic (tested on different kernels)
I've used Wayland and Xorg, problem exists using both.

• 2 months later...