Magisk Module to basically make scoped storage history

It is clear that this needs its own thread. I have root access on my Pixel 7 Pro, but I have no way to simply grant legacy filesystem access to certain (or even just all) apps. This is a massive problem. Scoped storage is the worst thing to ever happen to Android, along with the PhantomProcessKiller. Sorry, but document providers and SAF are just not good workarounds, we need legacy filesystem access back! How the hell am I supposed to use my phone without a VM with this crap? Some apps are broken unless run in a VM and others are clearly less functional or at least slower than they were before. This is still a problem and I refuse to deal with it any longer!

I will stay on my HTC ONE M8 until someone finds the mythical Magisk module that will let me use my Pixel 7 Pro like normal.

There isn't a Magisk module for this, but it turns out, you can just use ADB instead. This doesn't even require a rooted device (although disabling the PhantomProcessKiller does, so moot point)! After typing adb shell into a Terminal or Command Prompt window, type this in:

cmd appops set --uid <package_name> android:legacy_storage allow

I did run this command as root, because why not? However, you shouldn't need root for this. Replace <package_name> with the internal name of the actual application in question. For instance, the unofficial Android port of melonDS uses me.magnum.melonds as its package name. Other applications follow a similar naming scheme.

Oh yeah, with root access, you can just enter that command directly into Termux!

So now that everything should be fixed, back to the main thread about my Pixel 7 Pro experience!

Edited by Smithfield
There was a command typo that would make this not work. It needed to be fixed or else everyone would complain that it doesn't work.