7.1 Surround Sound Only Using Front Speakers

I have a newly built pc with a 7.1 Surround Sound Box for audio. I have 3 amps plugged into it (Front, Side and Rear). I configured the sound in playback device settings, and surround sound worked fine during that. But when I try to use surround sound to watch YouTube, etc., only the speakers connected to the front speakers port does anything. Can’t seem to make it use the other speakers as well. Any ideas? 

If the source is Stereo, you'll get Stereo output. I don't know what this "7.1 Surround Sound Box" is, or these amps. Are you just trying to force a 2-channel audio source through all the speakers? Surround sound for PC's is effectively dead these days so I'm surprised you went this route. 

15 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

If the source is Stereo, you'll get Stereo output. I don't know what this "7.1 Surround Sound Box" is, or this amps. Are you just trying to force a 2-channel audio source through all the speakers? Surround sound for PC's is effectively dead these days so I'm surprised you went this route. 

I think he means a pcie sound card

"Don't be sorry, be better"

1 hour ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

If the source is Stereo, you'll get Stereo output. I don't know what this "7.1 Surround Sound Box" is, or these amps. Are you just trying to force a 2-channel audio source through all the speakers? Surround sound for PC's is effectively dead these days so I'm surprised you went this route. 

I was using this little box that converts multiple audio cords into one usb and does 7.1 surround sound. I tried booting up a game and suddenly all the speakers were working fine. It just doesn't seem to like YouTube very much

1 hour ago, MyFartSoTart said:

I was using this little box that converts multiple audio cords into one usb and does 7.1 surround sound. I tried booting up a game and suddenly all the speakers were working fine. It just doesn't seem to like YouTube very much

Because YouTube only has Stereo output, and any other media that is stereo will output your front speakers only. 

That "box" you're talking about is an external sound card. What product is it, out of curiosity?

PC spec: CPU: RYZEN 9 5950X | GPU: SAPPHIRE NITRO+ SE AMD RADEON 6900XT (Undervolt to 1045mV) | MB: MSI MAG TOMAHAWK x570 RAM: G.SKILL TRIDENT Z NEO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600 (OC to 3800 14-15-15-25) COOLING: NOCTUA NH-D15, BE QUIET! SILENT WINGS 120 & 140mm| CASE: IN-WIN 707 | 5.25" BAY: LG WH16NS60 INTERNAL BLU-RAY OPTICAL DRIVE | PSU: SEASONIC PRIME PLATINUM 1000WUPS: POWERSHIELD COMMANDER TOWER 1100VA

PERIPHERALS: KEYBOARD: CORSAIR K95 PLATINUM XT BROWN SWITCH | MOUSE: CORSAIR SABRE PRO WIRELESS | CONTROLLER: PDP AFTERGLOW WIRED CONTROLLER, DUALSENSE
DISPLAYS: LG 34GN8502x DELL S2721DGF | LG C1 48" 

HT & audio stuff:  AVR: MARANTZ SR7013 | STEREO AMPLIFIER: YAMAHA AS-501 | SPEAKERS: DALI OBERON 7 & DALI ZENSOR 1 & 2x SVS-SB2000 | HEADPHONE DAC+AMP: TOPPING L30+E30 | HEADPHONE: SENNHEISER HD6XX, BOSE QUIETCOMFORT 35 II | MICROPHONE: AUDIO-TECHNICA AT9934USB | BLU-RAY PLAYER: PANASONIC UB820