removing stuck keyboard ribbon on dell xps 15 9500

I am taking apart a laptop that had coffee spilled on it and the coffee didn't make it past the keyboard and I only saw traces of it in a motherboard screw. The keyboard ribbon feels stuck I have tried tweezers and very carefully with pliers but to no avail, there is no flip-up thing. Is there something I can use to loosen it up?

Usually there is some kind of latch that needs to be pulled up, or away. Do you have photo of the connector, that way it might be easier to judge what needs to be unlatched.

Looking at a video, there is probably a latch that needs to be flipped up to remove the ribbon, but with how many revisions of laptops there are it's impossible to say for sure without a photo.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If the connector doesn't have a flip-up latch, there's probably a part that needs to slide away from the pins before the cable will release.

Don't use any solvents, that's only going to cause more problems.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

19 minutes ago, minibois said:

Usually there is some kind of latch that needs to be pulled up, or away. Do you have photo of the connector, that way it might be easier to judge what needs to be unlatched.

Looking at a video, there is probably a latch that needs to be flipped up to remove the ribbon, but with how many revisions of laptops there are it's impossible to say for sure without a photo.

the keyboard worked so i gave it back and I will get it when the new keyboard comes in I will post a picture